California allows Open Carry

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by PMMA97, Jan 6, 2010.

1. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

http://www.californiaopencarry.org/faq.html

from wiki. open carry.

In some countries, firearms laws are consciously and even contemptuously ignored by the citizenry, who see the right to own and carry firearms as a traditional right that pre-dates the advent of government.[50] The latter is typified in the Philippines[51] and in Yemen[52], where there are millions of unregistered firearms, and where provincial law enforcement officers often make no attempt to enforce national firearms laws, with many considering the laws intrusive and dictatorial.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  2. Black_SIR

Black_SIR

nakakailang ata mag open carry..

3. jimbullet

jimbullet

I think in practice sa Pinas, guns are indeed open carried for as long as one is within private property. If you have a fenced property of say 5 hectares, I dont see why not.

4. saki1611

saki1611 BOG's #1611

Hehehe... One of our BOG friends carry his pistol OWB, while roaming around his big house in Pasig.

5. apoy

apoy 1337

I do not really see why not or why is it more preferred to conceal.
    It's like a preventive measure plus the fact that if you do not see it, it does not mean it's not there.

Walang pinagkaiba sa paglalagay ng "beware of dogs" sign sa gate o kaya nung blinking thingy sa oto. I do understand na private property yung mga yun pero wouldn't be better to see right away that the person is armed? Hinto o' bawas agad ang may masamang banta. Wala na din yung dahilan na "kung alam ko lang na may dala e, di na sana."

I also understand na maraming allergic but would it not outweigh the pro's?

I hope to be enlightened as to why the law chooses to conceal.

6. jimbullet

jimbullet

My two cents: On a tactical perspective alone, one is disadvantaged to carry openly since the BG will come prepared knowingly what he is up against unlike if it were concealed, then you will have the element of surprise.

7. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

:supergrin: Parang kilala ko yan...

8. Black_SIR

Black_SIR

may state dins a tate na kapag concealed carry ka, illegal at huliin ka :cool:

9. apoy

apoy 1337

To think of it, yes - one will have the upper hand. Magugulat nga naman sila.
    But that is after the attack. It would have been best if there's not even an attempt made. Like those gate signs I am mentioning. And this is what I am trying to understand.

Had a chat with my brother. He said that it's like your "junior" wherein it is legal BUT needs to be concealed. You can let it hang and show it to the public but you will get arrested, hehe :supergrin:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  10. CatsMeow

CatsMeow

Open carry here? Bad idea. Anybody open-carrying who isn't a cop or sikyu will immediately be noticed. Our society isn't ready for this, this isn't Israel. Years ago I saw some guy in civvies in a restaurant with his Jericho simply stuffed in his pocket, it immediately caught my attention.

Also, it can't be helped that there are a lot of Nandy Pacheco types around here who would have the same reaction with a visible gun that I would get around multiple-legged creatures (one of my phobias).

And there would be low-lifes out there who would see your gun as an irresistible invitation and would, at the first opportunity, conk you over the head from behind to get it.

Best to keep it hidden, be it a .25 or an M4.

11. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

I sent an email copy of this thread to a group I was subscribed to and a former LA Sheriff who is now residing in Paradise Park Hawaii replied:

I cannot clarify or comment on this issue. I am not a lawyer. My position is that every person in every state should be able to carry a CONCEALED firearm. I do not advocate open carry although it has always been legal in California..

I can comment, however, that it is legal to carry a loaded firearm anywhere on private property. HPP is ALL private property. Anyone who owns property here is legally allowed to carry a rifle or shotgun on any street in the park. Expect to get arrested, so it might be a good idea to go walking with a police officer or police Commissioner.

12. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

13. saki1611

saki1611 BOG's #1611

this i agree. in addition, our country is not used to OC. this cannot be implied or even impossible to happen. unlike the US generally FA's are part of their heritage, even to include in their constitution "the right to bear arms". what is new to them is the gunless society who are opposing this matter. and to us owning guns for personal (private individual) defense and as a hobby became popular only about or just more than 20yrs ago. many pilipino still think that gun is dangerous.

tactically, when outside residence i would prefer concealment for the advantage of "element of surprise", but while inside your home, i would suggest to have a gear always ready in case of emergency. LE's needed OWB holsters during operations for easy access of FA's.

14. vega

vega

A lot of residents OC (UNLOADED) in some other counties who are friendly and their LE knows the law. In my city I asked some sheriffs what they would do if they see someone OCing (UNLOADED). I got different answers, some knows the law but they will still stop and check the person. Some would apprehend and book the person and let the DA sort it out.

There are places in CA that gun enthusiasts would meet at certain restaurant OCing (UNLOADED) and no police would bother them but they are there watching from a distance.

15. VICARA

VICARA

i can imagine my co-workers freakin' out when they see me OC'ing in the office.
    some may even call 911 right away!

but i love to try that one day... when i have the balls-of-granite to push my luck. :supergrin:

16. vega

vega

I don't think they would mind here in our office, everyone knows I'm into FA. There were times I would bring my ARs here and every male would go to my office to admire it.

17. jimbullet

jimbullet

In my former work place, which was a financial institution, my boss and colleagues knew that I brought an FA most especially when I am in the field performing my duties, which includes visiting clients. They were okay with it and was treated as a common unspoken knowledge. But I of course had to be very discreet as others in other departments may freak out with the sight of a gun.

One of our heads in fact brought at one time a Benelli shotgun and a 44 magnum.

18. KaTooM

KaTooM

California allows "Unloaded open carry" You can carry loaded mags as long as they are not attached to the weapon in anyway. If you wonder into a schoool zone your screwed(1000ft)

The only way I would carry is loaded concealed, but I live in Los Angeles county so no way in hell would a normal person get a CCW permit.