Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
241 - 260 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
I tend to carry 357sig/40 more then 9mm. I don't care what anyone says. The 357/40 has more stopping power then the 9mm.... I've carried both calibers at work for a long time and while 9mm is a good round to carry, it's no 357sig for sure...357sig in Sig p229 with mecgar 14 round mag. 15 rounds of awesome stopping power.
See, if you’d stopped after the first two sentences, everyone would have said, cool, you did you.
But when people say things like, the _ has more stopping power then the _ it invites people to say…
Are you sure?
What’s your proof?
Or it just what you “feel”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: The Night Rider

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
You can't possibly know what someone else you only know over the internet can or can't do. You only KNOW what YOU can't do and so assume no one else can do it.
Actually, you can.
Anyone that spends an equal amount of time on two separate, but equal, platforms, shooting apple-to-apple loads, will shoot the one that recoils less faster.
Recoil throws the gun off-target.
The amount of time it takes to get the gun back aligned for subsequent follow-up shots is what matters with recoil.
The less the gun comes off-target the faster you will be at shooting an accurate follow-up shot.
I own a range and am a retired firearms instructor.
I can’t begin to recall how many shooters I’ve moved to 9mm after only a few timed drills, by allowing them to run the drill again with either my 19 or 26.

Reactions: fredj338

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
See, if you’d stopped after the first two sentences, everyone would have said, cool, you did you.
But when people say things like, the _ has more stopping power then the _ it invites people to say…
Are you sure?
What’s your proof?
Or it just what you “feel”?

Nah! None of those. Based on what I saw with my own eyes...Live, real life human beings being shot with both 9mm and 357sig...That's better then what anyone says or tests people do..

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
u can’t possibly shoot a .40 as well as a 9mm
According to your definition of well. And shoot.
If you’re talking about slow fire, sitting on a bench, pistol resting on a sandbag, then, maybe. You’d probably shoot whichever pistol you shoot the most with, the best.
If you’re talking about training and running drills, then I agree with you.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Nah! None of those. Based on what I saw with my own eyes...Live, real life human beings being shot with both 9mm and 357sig...That's better then what anyone says or tests people do..

Ah. So you’re going with feelings.
Okay.
Seems like a lot of people do.
It’s bigger/faster, so it’s gotta be better, right?

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
A comfortable mix of power and capacity. My minimum caliber I'm willing to carry is 9mm. I started carrying a Glock 23, went down in size all the way to pocket carrying a .380. Then starting going larger and larger capacity over a series of a few guns over a few years until now carrying a full size M&P 9mm AIWB.

·
Registered
636 Posts
According to your definition of well. And shoot.
If you’re talking about slow fire, sitting on a bench, pistol resting on a sandbag, then, maybe. You’d probably shoot whichever pistol you shoot the most with, the best.
If you’re talking about training and running drills, then I agree with you.

That post was a long time ago and I do believe I was just bustin stones

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
That post was a long time ago and I do believe I was just bustin stones
Well.
I still agree with you, and there’s nothing you can do about it.
Lol.

·
Man, I'm Pretty
30,845 Posts
Within reason. I wont carry less than 9, until they come up with something in 380 that gives me 60cal & 14-15” of penetration. A g43 or p365 is pretty small, almost too small if you have above avg size hands.
I couldn’t make my P365 XL work for me no matter how hard I tried nor how bad I wanted it to. As far as I am concerned it is an outstanding gun, but the grip was just too small for me. I got a different grip on it every time I drew it. I was slowèr with steel sights and dreadfully slow with a dot.

The Shield fits me perfectly though and I never have to hunt for the front sight. I may get an optics ready version at some point and move the dot from the 365 XL to theShield.

Regards,
Happyguy:)

·
Registered
103 Posts
This is a caliber war with a different name.

I have a friend who was a Homicide cop for a large portion of his career. He has a saying "you will always run out of time before you run out of ammunition." He also said he had never investigated a Homicide in which the decedent died with an EMPTY gun.

There's not much difference (statistically) in the performance characteristics of the three main service calibers. Pick the one you like and roll.

I mostly carry a Glock 26

·
Registered
440 Posts
DEFINITELY CALIBER!

(But, then again, I have this annoying habit of tending to quickly and repeatedly hit whatever I aim at, sooo . . . ) 😄

·
Registered
37,314 Posts
I couldn’t make my P365 XL work for me no matter how hard I tried nor how bad I wanted it to. As far as I am concerned it is an outstanding gun, but the grip was just too small for me. I got a different grip on it every time I drew it. I was slowèr with steel sights and dreadfully slow with a dot.

The Shield fits me perfectly though and I never have to hunt for the front sight. I may get an optics ready version at some point and move the dot from the 365 XL to theShield.

Regards,
Agree 100%. All guns dont fit all shooters. Carrying something you cant shoot well, its just stupid.

·
Registered
37,314 Posts
DEFINITELY CALIBER!

(But, then again, I have this annoying habit of tending to quickly and repeatedly hit whatever I aim at, sooo . . . ) 😄

Just curious what rapid is?

·
Registered
37,314 Posts

Yet it is anecdotal. People quit fighting with poor hits, people keep fighting with good hits. Saying that is proof is marginal. Plus i am sure you didnt go thru the reports & look at ammo or bullets? Yeah, what i thought.

·
I feel pretty.
4,483 Posts
I pick caliber. The most I can shoot well, in a given pistol size.

SubCompact- 9mm, 380
Compact- 40
Fullsize-45, or any caliber.

Capacity can be a reload mag.

Will I carry a capacity oriented pistol like a G34? Sure, if I feel the need. I'd rather shoot major calibers from larger pistols most of the time.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
I surprised SIG hasn't gone the P320 route with the P365 (XL or not) and released grip frames in multiple sizes for different sized hands.

Regards,

·
Registered
37,314 Posts
It's the internet Bro. Rapid is whatever he says it is.
Well no, its quantifiable. 1sec per is not 1/2sec per, 2sec per is target speed, bro. Like people that post acciracy pics without distance,meaningless, bro.

241 - 260 of 283 Posts