Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
221 - 240 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
37,314 Posts
Yup....people whine about re-opening old threads. Then they post to it themselves. No one FORCES anyone to read anything on GT. A lot of the old stuff is still relevant today.
Or to respond to the post?

·
Registered
37,314 Posts
Capicity>caliber all day, every day.
Within reason. I wont carry less than 9, until they come up with something in 380 that gives me 60cal & 14-15” of penetration. A g43 or p365 is pretty small, almost too small if you have above avg size hands.

Reactions: happyguy

·
Lost in transit
6,661 Posts
Neither. Pick the caliber/capacity you like in a firearm that you TRAIN with and can HIT what you are aiming at, two handed, one handed, stationary, and on the move. Caliber and capacity are all Dirty Harry/John Wick fantasies.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
For your EDC? Do you prefer a larger caliber or more cartridges? Comparable size and weight classes

For instance: g30 with 10+1 of .45ACP OR G19 with 15+1 of 9mm?

What's your preference and why?
My EDC is a Kimber 1911 with 3 8rd. Mags. Plenty of firepower and the 1911 is very easy to conceal.

·
JABRONI AUTIST
7,786 Posts
Caliber may play a more important role at least in gun selection because a lot of people don't want to buy new calibers, so if you have a lot of .45 for instance, you can buy a small 9mm because they are notably smaller in size but if you don't want to start into a different caliber, you may choose a smaller .45 for carry, like an XDs or something. While I find the G30 (and G29) to be very chunky guns, if I were just a .45 guy then I'd likely choose the G30 unless I wanted to get into the 9mm, in which case the G19 would be less chunky and give a solid boost in capacity.

It's a little different with 9mm vs .40 since the size is usually the same and there's only a small difference in capacity, so would I rather have a 15+1 G19 or a 13+1 G23? Well for me I don't have 9mm any more so logically I would choose the G23, even though I have no issue with 9mm as in being inadequate or anything, I just simply prefer the .40 and in this case would not start back into the 9mm for something as trivial as 2rds capacity. A lot of the new micro 9mm's are neat and I've had a few but I also have no issue pocket carrying a G27, so again, why get back into a caliber when I really don't have to?

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Caliber may play a more important role at least in gun selection because a lot of people don't want to buy new calibers, so if you have a lot of .45 for instance, you can buy a small 9mm because they are notably smaller in size but if you don't want to start into a different caliber, you may choose a smaller .45 for carry, like an XDs or something. While I find the G30 (and G29) to be very chunky guns, if I were just a .45 guy then I'd likely choose the G30 unless I wanted to get into the 9mm, in which case the G19 would be less chunky and give a solid boost in capacity.

It's a little different with 9mm vs .40 since the size is usually the same and there's only a small difference in capacity, so would I rather have a 15+1 G19 or a 13+1 G23? Well for me I don't have 9mm any more so logically I would choose the G23, even though I have no issue with 9mm as in being inadequate or anything, I just simply prefer the .40 and in this case would not start back into the 9mm for something as trivial as 2rds capacity. A lot of the new micro 9mm's are neat and I've had a few but I also have no issue pocket carrying a G27, so again, why get back into a caliber when I really don't have to?
Exactly. These days I don't buy or trade for anything unless I have ammo/components on hand, My last 9mm was an Argie Hi Power, when Clinton was president. It was a great farm pest gun with 115 Silvertips and no better than a 22 with FMJ. Cheap ammo was a prime reason to pick a Nine but that ship has sailed.

·
Premium Member
2,245 Posts
I have Taurus G2C's in 9 MM and 40 S&W, I never carry the 9 MM even though it is 12+1, the 40 is 10+1 only 2 less and seems adequate to me, I do carry two spare magazines.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Training. Training. Training. It's not the caliber or mag capacity that matters, it's your training. I carry a 1911 7+1, or a Shield 2.0 9mm 8 round. Shot placement is what counts, not having the mag capacity to spray and pray.

·
Registered
37,314 Posts
My EDC is a Kimber 1911 with 3 8rd. Mags. Plenty of firepower and the 1911 is very easy to conceal.
Yeah if you are built right & have enough cover garment. I’m only 5-10/185, hard for me to ccw any of my 1911 under an untucked T or polo.

·
Registered
37,314 Posts
Training. Training. Training. It's not the caliber or mag capacity that matters, it's your training. I carry a 1911 7+1, or a Shield 2.0 9mm 8 round. Shot placement is what counts, not having the mag capacity to spray and pray.
I never spray & pray, but having a few more rds always better than a few less. In todays multiple attacker scenarios, not unlikely you may need more than 5-6 or even 8-9. If i carry a ss anything, i carry a spare mag. Confess, i often carry a spare 10rd for my glocks too.

Reactions: GlockyQ

·
Registered
10,423 Posts
Glock-27/23 just right for me, G-22 if needed depending on where I am going.
But a 26/19/17 combo would work too, I just favor the .40.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I tend to carry 357sig/40 more then 9mm. I don't care what anyone says. The 357/40 has more stopping power then the 9mm.... I've carried both calibers at work for a long time and while 9mm is a good round to carry, it's no 357sig for sure...357sig in Sig p229 with mecgar 14 round mag. 15 rounds of awesome stopping power.

·
Registered
17,140 Posts

·
Registered
17,140 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
I carry .45, it's what I hit the target with best. My performance is what matters to ME. F the rest of the caliber/capacity BS rehash.
my .02
michael
Head Arm Comfort Gesture Happy

·
Registered
32,386 Posts
I tend to carry 357sig/40 more then 9mm. I don't care what anyone says. The 357/40 has more stopping power then the 9mm.... I've carried both calibers at work for a long time and while 9mm is a good round to carry, it's no 357sig for sure...357sig in Sig p229 with mecgar 14 round mag. 15 rounds of awesome stopping power.
So you do carry 9mm. So it can't be THAT bad.

Reactions: Teecher45
221 - 240 of 283 Posts