Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
201 - 220 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
37,314 Posts
At the time of the reload.

Wasn't the officer already hit by the shotgun?

Subsequent shots and reload happened after getting hit in the shoulder?
Looks like it, but we dont know what the sg was loaded with, birdshot, Buck? His injury seemed minor, he as able to return to two Gand shooting. I've been hit with bird shot, ouch, but not a fight stopper. He stayed in the fight & won, but man time to hit the range dude, what 25rds, maybe 10y? He decimated the vehicle but find the front sight of at least the slide. Fire at the driver's side, not just the whole vehicle. He did enough but hopefully it's an eye opener for him or anyone watching it. The more you practice/train, the more automatic things like reloads & where to aim can become.

·
Registered
37,314 Posts
Video assumed it was bird shot.

Hit was the left shoulder.
Birdshot at that distance is an ouchy, not disabling, he did fne with that. It's the basic skils like the rapid reload. I would bet he hasn't ever done more than a few in his career on training. 5m a week doing nothing but dry presentation, reload. Maybe 50 in that time. Do that every week your teload is automatic, day of night.

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
Late in this thread folks but... 'Caliber .vs. Capacity'... why I like 'em both! Just like weight .vs. velocity! Sure wish I could haul around a 25 shot 10mm... no wait, maybe I can if they make a Glock 29 25 shot mag! Just carry the stick mag in a thigh holster!

But seriously folks... there is no real good answer cause not all situations are the same. Sometimes your boomstick needs lots of BBs, other times needs more punch (why do you think I have a Shockwave 12 AND a Biden F-15 rifle?)

Just practice till you can put 'em where they count every time... and then keep your eyes pealed and stay out of trouble.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I believe my G29 meets both requirements; 10 +1
of 10mm and a spare 10 round mag is plenty of
ammo for concealed, SD carry.
As do I. Of course a 30 rounder works too! You do need some deep pockets to carry it around though.

·
NRA Life Member
68,433 Posts
For your EDC? Do you prefer a larger caliber or more cartridges? Comparable size and weight classes

For instance: g30 with 10+1 of .45ACP OR G19 with 15+1 of 9mm?

What's your preference and why?
Caliber. Self defense shootings are virtually always decided with just a few shots delivered fast. I want those few shots to do as much damage as possible.

Reactions: 40/45

·
Registered
32,346 Posts
I carry what I can shoot well, too many people carry something they do not shoot well.

That is not a good thing IMHO. Use to see this at public shooting range I volunteered at, people with too much gun.

Could not shoot accurately.
I was much the same ... until my job required I become better acquainted and skilled with a variety of guns that had never interested me. It was compounded after I became firearms instructor and then an armorer, and had to have more knowledge, experience and skill with more guns that I had no interest in actually owning.

If it wasn't for the requirements of my work I'd probably still only be using .357MAG, .45 (ACP & Colt) and .44MAG/SPL.

·
Venor ergo sum
Let’s go Brandon!
4,925 Posts
Jeez, another necrothread reopened.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
The thread was three months old.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I'm glad there is debate. A healthy debate. There is no "right" answer for all situations. For myself, anything from 9mm Parabellum to 45 ACP is okay. Beyond that, I'm willing to debate! LOL!

·
Venor ergo sum
Let’s go Brandon!
4,925 Posts
Must be some kind of three month time warp or something, the OP "certifiedfunds" (now banned) posted 11/27/16.

Reactions: pAZ Ron

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Must be some kind of three month time warp or something, the OP "certifiedfunds" (now banned) posted 11/27/16.
Deaf Smith posted in this thread three months ago. Some others posted in the last day or two. That's obviously a big deal for you. Look, pal- people post in these threads because they enjoy it. They're not going to read back to post # 1 to see if the OP is still active, got banned etc. It ain't normal. Don't be a pain in the ass about it.

If you're a mod, lock the thread, ban me, whatever. If you're not a mod, and you're incapable of ignoring a three month post lag- I guess report it. Maybe you'll win popsicle, Cartman T-shirt or something.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Deaf Smith posted in this thread three months ago. Some others posted in the last day or two. That's obviously a big deal for you. Look, pal- people post in these threads because they enjoy it. They're not going to read back to post # 1 to see if the OP is still active, got banned etc. It ain't normal. Don't be a pain in the ass about it.

If you're a mod, lock the thread, ban me, whatever. If you're not a mod, and you're incapable of ignoring a three month post lag- I guess report it. Maybe you'll win popsicle, Cartman T-shirt or something.
Yup....people whine about re-opening old threads. Then they post to it themselves. No one FORCES anyone to read anything on GT. A lot of the old stuff is still relevant today.

201 - 220 of 283 Posts