Cali-Jack, did you decide on a PL routine yet?

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by BCR, Jun 8, 2007.

1. BCR

BCR BIGASS!!!!

Jack, did you narrow down a PL program yet?

Just curious.

I've been reading Practical Programming and its pretty good. I'm about 2/3 through it. Its VERY basic so far, but IIRC you wanted a basic program.

It covers novice, intermediate and advanced routines. And is quite basic in the lifts to be performed; squat, bench, DL, barbells rows, chin ups, pull ups, front squats, romanian deadlifts, military press, push press, power cleans, snatches and weighted sit ups are the bulk of it.

Compared to something like Westside Barbell style it is very primitive. But that is not a bad thing.

I think its hard for people like us to figure out a program, since we both may be "novice" powerlifters, but have been lifting weights for years.

This book starts with the absolute basics, and goes from there. It's a good read though.

Anyways, it just seemed like something you might be interested in, based on your thread from a while back on beginner PL routines.

I had already been turned on to chains, bands, whacked out assistance lifts and Westside stuff a few months before I started reading this book. I guess I'm doing it a little backwards!:supergrin:

2. California Jack

California Jack Millennium Member

Brad,

Thanks for that info. I will be getting a copy of that for Father's Day.

Interesting,except for benching and chins/pullups those are the exercises I've always done for my entire lifting career.

Can't wait to read it.

Jack

3. BCR

BCR BIGASS!!!!

Cool!

I think you will really like this book. The whole time I was reading it I kept thinking it was right up your alley.

I'm going to have to read it again though. I read right before I go to bed and can barely stay awake. :supergrin:

4. California Jack

California Jack Millennium Member

Well, since we're leaving on our summer vacation later this week, I was given my Father's Day presents early! Can't wait to get started on it, though I probably won't open it until we're on the plane.