Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ugh.... anyone living in cold weather states starting to get it yet? What the hell are ya doin' about it? :dunno:

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
I go outside & play. Yea, this weather blows, but you have to make the best of it if you don't want to go crazy. Plus spring is right around the corner, right?????????????????

·
Frisky!
35,968 Posts
:tongueout::tongueout:

Throw another trooper on the fire?

:wavey:

·
Getting older every day!
2,944 Posts
Obviously there are some things that can't be done this time of your but for the most part I don't let the weather slow me down.

I still spend a fair amount of time outdoors. Just dress appropriately and all is well. :wavey:

·
Banned
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:tongueout::tongueout:

Throw another forensic pathologist on the fire?

:wavey:
fixed it for ya!:supergrin:

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
S.C. is not a "cold state", but we've had the coldest winter I can remember, with dark and gloomy days. Third or 4th day w/o sunshine, and I start going "bonkers", and this week even the wife announced, "We've got to get out of this house!"
Our usual remedy is to go out for lunch somewhere, go shopping (we're antiquers and collectors), and just generally change the scenery. Usually, by the time we get home, it's OK. Maybe bring home a flower frog, a small piece of furniture that needs some TLC, or the like.
Works for us!

·
affiant
2,732 Posts
Ugh.... anyone living in cold weather states starting to get it yet? What the hell are ya doin' about it? :dunno:
I've always wondered what exactly defines "cabin fever" for you folks that live in cold weather states?

68ºF today w/sunshine.:supergrin:

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
I go swimming.:rofl:Thats right, at 8 in the evening.

We still have a ymca membership and Im putting it to good use.

·
I like Macs
7,683 Posts
It was a surprising upper 50s today here... I fired up the motorcycle and went for a ride this afternoon it was great.

Weird how things change, supposed to ice like Wednesday. Last weekend was snowy, but today was just a pretty day.

·
Banned
19,326 Posts
Well, it did dip down into the sixties here, but we are managing ok I guess. :supergrin:

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Ive been off work since Oct. 23. I injured my knee at work and Im on comp. I had surgery on Jan. 18th. Ive been in the house ALOT since I got hurt. Im way past cabin feaver, and nearing insanity!!! I'll be going back to work in a few weeks, so everything should go back to normal. Ive been coping with it with alot of Glocktalk and other internet like Sherdog and youtube. Also, Call of Duty: Black Ops online play. I also have young kids, so I actually stay pretty busy with them, but video games and internet fill the gaps.

·
It ain't over
8,297 Posts
I live where it can get pretty cold. It hasn't thawed in over two months. I see all the snow out east and sympathize, but at least it gets above 32 once in a while. The snow will melt or settle. Here, every flake that has fallen (about 70 inches so far) is still on my garage roof. That's not to say the snow is 70 inches deep - but people in snow states know what I mean.

It was -41F and -33F last Thursday and Saturday nights (a week ago). Yes, it can get cold.

But, we live with it. Just like it gets ungodly hot in FL or TX, it gets ungodly cold here. I was outside most of the day. We got another 10" of snow yesterday. I plowed my neighbor out and then myself. I shoveled for a while and then the neighbor and I cut up a big pine tree that fell in my bay. The snow got too heavy for it. I don't want it in the water this summer - I'll have to drive my boat around it. So, we cut it up and hauled it to shore. We'll burn it some day soon.

I'm home tonight, but most Saturday's we go someplace on our sleds for pizza and beer. Next weekend we'll have our annual ice fishing contest and potluck. It's just an excuse to get together and drink more beer...

There's a festival at the town hall next weekend - the local Finns have something going. Last year I estimated 300 cars at the damned thing. Nothing really, I don't get it myself. But, it's something to do and I get to see some people that I don't often see.

There's things to do - just get involved and do them. And remember this - this is the best place in the world to be for 7 months of the year. Big fish and lots of them. Big bucks... Relatively cheap land and lots of it. Millions of acres of public land to hunt on. And very few people (maybe because of the cold). I wouldn't live anyplace else on earth.

·
Lean & Mean
15,586 Posts
I just bought a new house to entertain myself.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts