close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Cabela's has cheap wolf ammo

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by kwikrnu, Sep 27, 2004.

1. kwikrnu

kwikrnu

I purchased 2K rounds .45 acp and 2K rounds 9mm for a grand total of $505 dollars last week. That included shipping and 8 plastic ammo boxes. They were less expensive than any other place I found.

www.cabelas.com do a search for bulk and wolf

I shot 400 rounds of the .45 acp yesterday and it ran fine with only two casings which failed to eject fully. Great deal!

2. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

Do a search on Wolf before buying.

3. kwikrnu

kwikrnu

I did. I found that wolf is a great, less expensive altenative to expensive ammunition. It fed great into my brand new SA professional. At the price I got the ammo from Cabela's I can afford to shoot almost twice as many rounds as with walmart winchester white box.

4. DARKSIDE

DARKSIDE

No Brass, Not sure what you payed for the 45 ammo but the 9MM goes for about $85 a case in Pa shows

5. kwikrnu

kwikrnu

Good deal!

Academy Sports and Outdoor is the cheapest 9mm I have seen. It is with tax $4.22/50 rounds or $84.34/1000 rounds. That is CCI Blazer.

As far as the .45 acp, $134.99/1000 rounds for wolf at Cabela's is the cheapest I've seen, plus free ammo boxes.

6. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

7. neeko

neeko

Hey dont offend my AK ;e

8. kwikrnu

kwikrnu

Wolf .45 acp feeds great into my Springfield Armory Professional.
    :cool:

9. SmartOne

SmartOne GoingIn CoverMe

;Q Hey! I use Wolf 7.62 x 39 in my, 'Commie Bloc' Yugo SKS all the time. The stuff is nice and cheap; and it just shoots, and shoots, and shoots. The worst thing I can say about it is that it's a little, 'smokey'; other than that it seems to be fine. It is non-corrosive, too. I think the early Wolf ammo caused more problems; but, yeah, I can see where Wolf's plastic coating and a real hot barrel could cause a problem. Just be aware of it. Don't let the round, 'bake' in a hot chamber; instead, dump the mag and eject the round as soon as you stop shooting.

I've kept brass rods in the gun closet for years for just this sort of problem. Haven't had to use one, though, in a long long time. Carburator cleaner is made to dissolve the sort of plastic coating that's on Wolf ammo. If anything like this ever happens to you, remove the barrel from the stock, give it a good squirt of carb cleaner, and then wack that stuck round out with a brass rod.

Barnaul is more accurate; but Wolf often has the best price, and gets an, 'A+' for very good packaging, too. Don't plan on using it in my Colt Series 70's anytime soon - though! ;)

10. kwikrnu

kwikrnu

I learned a couple of things from that thread.

1. Glock doesn't have the greatest warranty.
    2. Wolf pays if their ammo goes bad.

11. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

Expecting Glock to pay for damage from cheap crappy ammo is about as smart as buying cheap crappy ammo.

12. rescue51

rescue51 Fire Captain

Where's the love? ^d

13. kwikrnu

kwikrnu

So, exactly when and how will the wolf ammo damage my guns?

If wolf pays for any damage to my firearms from a defective round why should I pay twice as much for "better" ammo which could possibly damage my firearms?

You seem to have a lot of hate for wolf ammo. Maybe you can post a personal experience about how wolf ammo damaged your firearm.;Q

14. kwikrnu

kwikrnu

I have seen blazer brass at around $8.99/50 on www. natchezss.com .
    At that price, shooting 6000 rounds per year I save $270 using the wolf ammunition(not to mention cabelas has cheaper shipping and no taxes compared to natchez SS). That is a lot of money. Since wolf will pay if there ammo causes a problem with your gun why not save the money? Unless you have a gun which doesn't feed the wolf ammo, or maybe you want brass because you like to reload why not???

15. G_34

G_34 STUMPY

You asked for personal experiences with Wolf messing up your gun?
    I shoot a Glock 34 in competitions and also felt that the wolf ammo would be a good cheap practice round to feed through my gun, which it was for about 400 rounds, until one failed to feed (so i thought). I disassembled it and looked for fouling down the barrel and got a huge surprise. Bullet stuck in barrel.....d'oh. The wolf ammo lacked a key ingredient....powder...all primer charge. Just glad it didnt feed that other round in, and blown up in my face.
    Personal Experience, and I personally recomend only shooting it in guns like AK's and SKS's russian guns, russian ammo, for my Glock im only gonna shoot WWB from now on.

G_34

16. kwikrnu

kwikrnu

Maybe I'm missing something, but when did wolf mess up your gun? Why would you recommend shooting it only in AK's and SKS's if the ammo is bad for a glock it must be bad for an AK. I'm just glad I have quality firearms Kahr and Springfield that can take wolf w/o a problem so far.

17. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

G_34, don't bother. He doesn't get it. Nobody cares about his "deal" either.

18. G_34

G_34 STUMPY

I could care less what ammo you use in your gun, I was just giving you a personal example, which, by the way YOU requested. I love when people step to the line in competitions shooting Wolf ammo, moves me up a spot. (And just so you dont think im trying to fan the flame, it has happened to other competitors I was against and they lost due to their ammo selection.) Its your gun, and it is also your money. If Wolf ammo floats your boat then shoot it, and shoot it often.
    When did Wolf mess up my gun?
    A bullet stuck in the barrel constitutes messed up for me.
    Why would you recommend shooting it only in AK's and SKS's?
    I recommend this ammo because PMC bullets cost $15/box and that is real expensive coming out of a $185 SKS.
    Id rather mess up my $185 SKS than my $500+ Glock.
    In competitions/home defense dependability is key. Glock is my home defense weapon and for competitions so I care about its reliability.

Congradulations on owning superior weapons that "take care" of Wolf ammo, my only question is in the long run will Wolf ammo "take care" of your gun.

G_34

P.S. Not trying to put you down, argue with you, or just generally make you mad im just trying to let you know I didnt listen to someone who told me about Wolf because I thought nothing bad would happen, and it did.

19. kwikrnu

kwikrnu

A bullet stuck in the barrel doesn't mess up a gun. You remove the bullet and the gun is not messed up.

I don't care if you use wolf or not. I just think there are too many people like you out there bad mouthing wolf ammo. It did not mess up your gun. There were no repairs to your gun. If the wolf did mess up your gun they would pay for the repairs.

I'll shoot it in my $2k gun, you shoot whatever you want.

20. 93GT

93GT The Ogre

i guess don't shoot remington umc brand ammo i had an audible pop and bullet lodged in my sig p220. i just use winchester white box stuff but now but i only shoot a couple thousand rounds a year.