CAA RONI

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by LFRTS, Mar 8, 2020.

Tags:
  1. LFRTS

LFRTS Previously Joseph Lefferts

Has anyone had any experience with the CAA RONI? For roughly $200 I was considering picking one up for my 10mm

2. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock

There’s the CAA Gear MCK and Generation 2, CAA Gear MCK

Then there’s the Micro Roni Stabilizer from YRS, INC.

I have all three plus the IMI Kidon Pistol Conversion

I find a heavier caliber caused issues in my YRS, INC version so I stuck with 9 mm. I never tried a heavier caliber in the other three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Joseph Lefferts likes this.

3. LFRTS

LFRTS Previously Joseph Lefferts

Is build quality similar to each others or does one stand out amongst the rest?

4. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock

The CAA Gear MCK is better than the Generation 2 and Generation 4 CAA Gear Micro Roni Stabilizer. It is thicker, heavier and has more stability. If you use a suppressor or you want to shoot it folded, then get the Generation 2, CAA Gear MCK. The Gen 2 has a longer brace for more stability.

[​IMG]

The caveat is the accuracy is not great but it’s fun to shoot.

The IMI Kidon Pistol Conversion is very stable. It can accommodate for over 100 different pistols but you need an adapter.

Here’s my Generation 2 CAA Gear Micro Roni Stabilizer which I had to cut up the muzzle device to make it work. I acquired a 10” barrel for it since I didn’t want to cut the housing to make a suppressor fit. [​IMG]

The IMI Kidon Pistol Conversion is pictured without my suppressor. I only acquired the chassis, and I added a Law Tactical Folding Adapter and SBA Tactical SBA3 Pistol Brace.[​IMG][​IMG]

I also have AR Pistols in 45 ACP and 9 mm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Instagram
    Muzzleblast_MD

5. proheromk1

proheromk1

The CAA versions are knock offs and don’t have the flip up safety to cover the trigger.

6. PeteCamp

PeteCamp

I have the MCK Ver 2 that I use with my 20SF. It works fine, but the real advantage is the ability to use better sighting systems and having a better hold on the pistol. I also have a 6 inch barrel for the 20, but I hate to cut the thing up to get it to fit. That would have been an easy fix for the factory that would have made it much more useful. IMHO.

7. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Staff Member Moderator

What size groups at what distance do you see from yours?

8. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock

3-4” with a Suppressor at 10 and 15 yards. 9 mm 147 gr Blazer brass or aluminum with an Generation 2, CAA Gear MCK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Instagram
    Muzzleblast_MD

DJ Niner and LFRTS like this.
  9. ShipWreck

ShipWreck Beretta 92 Nut!

Thanks for the info!

DJ Niner likes this.
  10. billy b

billy b

I have the MCK gen 2. accuracy is 2 to 2 1/2 at 20 yards with ammo it likes. had accuracy issues when I first got. but I figured out what was going on with it.

CDR_Glock likes this.
  11. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock

I’m sure my suppressor has a lot to do with it.

What are your solutions to your CAA Gear MCK?

I never accuracy tested my CAA Gear MCK. It had no issues but my groups are still 3-4 inches around 20 yards. I’m using blazer brass 115 gr.

What ammunition are you using. The accuracy of groups is identical to my gun without my CAA Gear MCK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

12. cciman

cciman MacGyver

I was skeptical at first, but I got a glock19 type 6 mo ago, and it is a cool little piece for PDW.

You can find them on sale sometimes for $149 shipped...so I would wait for a sale (I got it for $169, and it went on sale the next week). They come in diff varieties and options so be aware of what you are getting. Mine was shipped from Isreal, so it took a while.

My biggest fear is letting the support hand slip off the front. I wish there was a way to install a handstop on my model. The biggest downside is the mag release is not easily accessable with the design.

CDR_Glock likes this.
  13. billy b

billy b

here was my accuracy fix with the MCK. I used a glock 22 gen 4. I have several barrels for it. I chose the 9mm barrel. it had threads on it , picked it up on clearance. so it was longer than it needed to be.
    noticed while shooting, I was getting erratic accuracy. 22 out of the MCK was fairly accurate. I found that the barrel on the 22 was contacting inside of the MCK . I cut the barrel back to proper length. erratic flyers went away. I think that barrel hitting on the MCK frame, was causing 22 frame to shift around.
    I still don"t think 22 shoots as good with the MCK as out of it. but its still pretty good now. BTY, I have a red dot on it & laser.
    as far as ammo used. Winchester white box & one of my reloads with berry 115 round nose shot the best. I had a couple of groups at 20 yards that were sub 2''. did not seem to like 124 grain bullets .
    another thing I did. I caught myself once with the finger grips on frame, almost having my left hand over the barrel shroud. so I made a small extension for the MCK barrel shroud.

DJ Niner and CDR_Glock like this.