CAA Micro Roni Stabilizer

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by CDR_Glock, Dec 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock

I finally assembled this CAA Roni Stabilizer. I am repurposing my Glock 23 Gen 3 as a range gun and home defense. I placed a red dot on it and will add a light.

I haven't tried it out at the range, as I just assembled/installed it this evening.

The rear stabilizer is just like the Sig Arms stabilizer, and it folds forward.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cowboyreally, starfish86 and Boatrx like this.
  2. AlphaTea

AlphaTea

3. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock

Retail is $399. When you register on the website www.yrsinc.com you get 10% off, so somehow it only cost $329.

I ran it through 200 rounds today. If I hold the forend down, it has cycling issues but if I just let it rise as it should, there are no problems. I tried controlled fire, rapid fire, controlled pairs and two handed/strong handed shooting.

I was using Winchester White box which gave me erratic shots. I had no consistency with the ammo at 50 yards so I went back to a 25 yard zero with the red dot. I will try some higher quality ammunition, next range visit. My intention was to have more range with it.

Micro Roni Stab, as they call it. I have a Glock 23, 40 S&W.

The sight is a Primary Arms Advanced Micro dot on an American Defense mount (which is a quick release).

I just have a standard factory trigger, at the moment.

So far, I have been pleasantly surprised.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  4. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock

No problems shooting left handed, but my Mag release was on the left. I assume that can be reversed if necessary.

The bolt handle equivalent I noticed has to be cautiously pulled in a downward motion as you put it back. Otherwise I notice the friction with the frame which leads to cycling issues.

I was able to ring the gong at 25, 50 and 75 yards rather easily, after sighting it at 25 yards for a zero.

Just as an experiment, I was able to fire as I titled the gun to the side, as if shooting from behind a barrier (both ways), sideways (gangster style as a joke but it worked), and I even held it upside down, pulled the trigger with my pinky and hit the plate.

I even put this in a novice's hands who doesn't know how to shoot a pistol at 25 yards, and he was able to hit the gong two times in a row.

So the more I use this, I notice advantages of improved hits from longer distances much more consistently. Ability to shoot at different angles. Ability to shoot with either dominant or non-dominant hands. I tried out my buddy's Glock MOS with an RMR and I was faster in mine even though I was shooting a 40 caliber weapon.

One caveat is how I'm supposed to clean this. I've put probably 500 rounds through it, right now. I don't want to have to disassemble it but it looks like I may have to since there is a lot of powder inside the hull of the frame, and along the vents of the Roni.

Lastly, I want to reemphasize that the bolt handle must be pulled downward and back, since the handle can cause undue friction on the Micro Roni frame.

It's very stable, and easy enough for a novice to use.

5. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock

I changed out my Glock 23 barrel with a Lone Wolf 9mm. It feeds the 9mm better. Maybe the recoil of the slide with the 40 throws it off alignment, except with defensive JHPs. Recoil is a lot more manageable and follow up shots are faster.

I zeroed the Primary Arms Advance micro dot to 25 yards, and I can consistently hit to 50 and 75 yards with it. I changed to 9mm for the higher capacity and cost of ammo...and I have thousands of rounds of 9mm. I can shoot it much better than I can a Glock 19 MOS with an RMR because of the smaller dot.

I'm using the Stabilizer to hold a spare magazine, as it is stable in that position.

So far, I've done 700 rounds through it.

6. Gauss Rifle

Gauss Rifle

I like this thing. I've been looking for glock compatible carbines for about 5 years. I considered all available options; even including NFA options. I had my eye on the Roni but the pistol stabilizing brace concept didn't exist at the time and I decided against going NFA.

2 weeks ago I found the Roni Stabilizer on Slick Guns for about $300 on several sites. Cha-ching!

I slapped a pair of cheap airsoft sights and a red dot on it and took it to the range. Accuracy was good and recoil was surprisingly low; far less than my Sub 2000. Having shot about 100 rounds through it, I'd say this was worth the wait. Right now, this is probably the best option for a Glock carbine. It retains the reliability of the Glock but gains the accuracy of a PCC in a package smaller than most SBRs.

I can't speak for long term durability but I figure if it breaks, I'll still have a glock. If it lasts, I might just buy a second one.

P.S. For cleaning, try hitting up your local Walmart or dollar store for a long bottle brush.

Harv likes this.
  7. River Tam

River Tam

I just purchased the civilian Roni with the 16" barrel. Still need to pick up a Glock 17 to put in it, I'll do a review in here once I do

8. wanderson

wanderson

I picked up one of these for my gen 4 G32 and added a TRS 25 red dot on a riser. Gotta say I really like it. It drops in easy, very solid lockup. Zero malfunctions. I zeroed in at 25 yards and was making ragged holes. I was surprised at how tightly it was grouping compared to other 9mm carbines I have. The pistol comes out as easily as the slide comes off the frame, so it’s easy to clean. The front of the slide got dirty pretty fast.

I know these things aren’t cheap but i’m glad I plunked down on one. Not many options for a .357 sig carbine and I’m surprised how accurate it actually shoots.

-JCN- likes this.
  9. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Daaaannnggg... Sounds Good!

So I went and checked it out, did some price searching...

And it was only $305.96 with Free Shipping from YRS! OUTSTANDING!

I watched the videos prior to digging in, and was looking forward to the Full Tilt Deal - Thumb rests, 500 lumen flashlight, folding sights... and discovered ALL that stuff is extra, and that kit is around $175 for all the goodies...

After the ECom store kicks in, that reward will be waiting! :)

I'll tell my wife she got me something cool for Christmas, and my Christmas Present is on the way! (LOL)

And - Thanks for the nice review CDR_Glock - Led me Right Down the ole Primrose Path... but with your help I did it with eyes wide open and got a discount to boot!! HAHAHAHA... That's a first...

Merry Christmas!

10. Soap Mactavish

Soap Mactavish

Micro Roni “Generation 4” debuted at SHOT Show 2018. Key upgrades include integrated charging handle interface (no more separate piece to fumble with), larger ejection port cut-out, support for ambi slide stop and extended grip stabilizer. Prices have been disclosed, but it seems as if CAA has been quiet on release-date... Anyone out there know when this thing will be available?

11. vee12

vee12

I have two of these little gems and they are marvelous! Just received the new longer updated stab from CAA and installed it. The longer pull is much nicer and mimics the length of the Micro Roni with the “real” stock. I believed Primary Arms has these on sale right now...FYI.

12. arndog123

arndog123

Here's my Micro Roni Stab with a G22.4 inside. The G22 really gets dirty when shooting 100+ rounds. I'm really happy with it. [​IMG]

13. B C

B C

How is the accuracy of it inside 50 yards? Would love to see some targets.

14. B C

B C

Also wanted to know if it rubs the slide at all causing wear marks?

15. vee12

vee12

No real wear on the pistol itself. The Roni with a Sig Romeo 5 is easily a match for my CZ scorpion inside 50 yards.

16. B C

B C

Exactly the kind of comparo I was looking for.

$1,100 for a Scorpion with a brace or $280 for a Roni for my G17 that I already own.

Neldon likes this.
  17. Evil Henchman

Evil Henchman

Hi all. New here. I am interested in buying the Micro RONI Stabilizer for my Glock 17. So interested that I already bought the official extended brace for it when it was on pre-order, even though I have nothing to attach it to. While researching the RONI products, I noticed that the Micro RONI Recon appears to actually be the same thing as the Micro RONI Stabilizer only with the brace removed and a butt plate attached. That said, does anyone know for sure if the braces made for the Micro RONI Stabilizer can be attached to and will work properly on the Micro RONI Recon? Please let me know. Thanks.

18. cowboyreally

cowboyreally

you can call or e-mail CAA. They will let you know. I have the Roni G2 with stabilizer. Some G2's have different back pieces on them for different setups. I like the G2's. I have a Glock 20 with a 10 inch barrel in mine so it needs to be a little bigger and heavy duty. I should have asked first where are you buying the Roni at. They should help you out.

19. Evil Henchman

Evil Henchman

Thanks but i tried that. They refuse to reply. They replied immediately to my first question back in Feb. about whether or not a Gen 5 Glock 17 will fit in a Micro Roni Stab but for this question, they refuse to reply at all and it's been exactly a week. Maybe they are extremely busy or maybe they don't want to answer this particular question for sales or liability issues *shrugs*

20. cowboyreally

cowboyreally