GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
It was great that she did that.

The school system here attempts to indoctrinate the kids to the liberal way. My kids come back tell how they hate Trump and are for Biden. I told them this... they are now Trump supporters-lol

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
A BRILLIANT idea!
Get your children ready for the adult world of work!
Eight hour workdays. Five day work weeks and only two weeks off for vacation.

·
Caffeinator
5,285 Posts
I don't see this passing for a wide range of reasons. I am also trying to figure out the point. Free childcare for working parents? Nah, Democrats don't care about working, productive citizens.

Reactions: tuica and CAcop

·
Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk!
6,105 Posts
But....but....but......COVID! I wasn't aware that she thought that opening schools is a good idea let alone making the little snot-monsters incubate in a classroom for an additional 3 hours.

Also, has she run this idea passed the teachers' unions? They might have an objection or two.

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,456 Posts
As if I don't have enough to deal with now this crap? This would hinder my schedule dramatically.

Reactions: tuica

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
People here are saying what the children will say. Wake up people...do oyou realize what the teacher's wil say...another 3 hours a day. What do you want teachers to have a real work day? Ha, ha not going to happen. Teachers will not stand for it. They only work 180 days a year and about 5 hours a day. Also if for some reason it rains hard and they do have school they only work a half day but still get paid for a full day and it is counted toward their 180 days a year. Please don't sit there and tell me how hard they have it. If you do, you have no idea of what you speak. They have it made. Three more hours...they will lose their minds. Teachers have no concept of what work is like in the private sector. They are spoiled union brats and for the most part lean left and indoctrinate our children that way.

For all ofyou who really believe teachers work so hard please do the math. Base your calculations on 180 days a year and the total amount of hours they are in school. You will be shocked. Also the total of hours in school they have periods that they do not teach. Get this ..they go to the teacher's lounge. WTF...seriously. Do you have a lounge where you are employed and get paid for lounging around?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Can tell Harris was a fat kid in school that never played sports or was a cheerleader. Those of us who actually had lives in school played sports all the freaking time.

Know when we practiced? After school for about 2 hours, while it was still light out.

Idiot. Moron. Imbecile.

My kids both participated in sports their entire lives, and in fact both were Division 1 college athletes. Know how they could do this? Because they practiced between 3:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. at least 3-4 days per week and played the other days.

BECAUSE THEY WEREN'T IN FREAKING SCHOOL UNTIL 6:00 P.M.!!

·
Southern Backwater Mafia & President-Elect
6,257 Posts
Who Cares? in about five days shes gonna be a crying has been :)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
That would be a winner for every 10 year old. No way they focus that long on school work. Making teachers into babysitters is what that is. And upping the time in the concentration reeducation camps.

·
Registered
10,144 Posts
6 days prior to the presidential election, and she thought THIS controversal bill was worthy of introduction in CA, sure to make national headlines.
It's a bill in the US Senate, not in California.

·
Registered
10,144 Posts
Look at the details, it's basically federal funding for afterschool programs. Not that we need to be worried about such things at a national level or even worse dedicate federal funds. But that is what is being proposed. We already have programs like that here. Schools get grant money to fund free after school programs for working parents. My kids have both been in one called LEAP when they were in elementary school.

·
Registered
10,144 Posts
People here are saying what the children will say. Wake up people...do oyou realize what the teacher's wil say...another 3 hours a day. What do you want teachers to have a real work day? Ha, ha not going to happen. Teachers will not stand for it. They only work 180 days a year and about 5 hours a day. Also if for some reason it rains hard and they do have school they only work a half day but still get paid for a full day and it is counted toward their 180 days a year. Please don't sit there and tell me how hard they have it. If you do, you have no idea of what you speak. They have it made. Three more hours...they will lose their minds. Teachers have no concept of what work is like in the private sector. They are spoiled union brats and for the most part lean left and indoctrinate our children that way.

For all ofyou who really believe teachers work so hard please do the math. Base your calculations on 180 days a year and the total amount of hours they are in school. You will be shocked. Also the total of hours in school they have periods that they do not teach. Get this ..they go to the teacher's lounge. WTF...seriously. Do you have a lounge where you are employed and get paid for lounging around?
You're right, no way unionized teachers would okay this, but that's not really what is being proposed.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
If anything, the lockdowns and online homeschooling has shown, we could easily shorten the school day by at least 3 hours.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
People here are saying what the children will say. Wake up people...do you realize what the teacher's will say...another 3 hours a day. What do you want teachers to have a real work day? Ha, ha not going to happen. Teachers will not stand for it. They only work 180 days a year and about 5 hours a day. Also if for some reason it rains hard and they do have school they only work a half day but still get paid for a full day and it is counted toward their 180 days a year. Please don't sit there and tell me how hard they have it. If you do, you have no idea of what you speak. They have it made. Three more hours...they will lose their minds. Teachers have no concept of what work is like in the private sector. They are spoiled union brats and for the most part lean left and indoctrinate our children that way.

YES! some else gets it!
Teachers are the most over paid part time workers outside of the vermin in Congress.

·
Registered
17,349 Posts
Once upon a time Public K-12 education was under the authority of State and local authorities. Then came Carter...

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Kamala's coming here to Houston today. Yuck!
I will be at my house working.

TRUMP 2020

21 - 36 of 36 Posts