close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

CA gun show handgun purchase questions..

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by swaits, Apr 3, 2004.

1. swaits

swaits

All,

Does one need to do any specific preparation or bring anything special along in order to buy handguns at gunshows in California? Or, anything I should do to insure a smooth transaction? I assume you need your HSC, but what else?

Del Mar's got a "Crossroads of the West" show coming up 3 weeks time (4/24-4/25). I'm looking to pickup a G23.

Thanks,
    Steve

2. TerenceT

TerenceT

I wouldn't buy at the show. for sure you get better deals at onpointfirearms.com or topglock.com
    including shipping.
    buy your g23 thru one of these guys on monday, you'll have it by the time the show comes up and you can get accessories at the show :D

You'll need your new safty certificate (not the yellow Basic firearm training), prove of residency (3 months worth of electric/water bill or car insurance/registration). After that, about 1 hour worth of waiting+paperwork. after 10 days (240hrs, if you buy yours at 2pm, you can pick up until the 10th day after 2pm) When you pick up, they need another hour or so to finish the paperwork.

OH, you'll HAVE to buy a lock or prove that you've bought a lock from a DOJ approved shop within the last 30 days OR show prove with a DOJ approved Safe at home.

Now, i hope you are not a full time LEO or else i'll feel stupid cuz none of these apply to you.

having said all these, i usually buy/transfer my guns at Turners, which generally has the best price and I can buy the lock under a seperate receipt so i can return the lock later.

my $0.02
    tt

3. swaits

swaits

I'd read of someone getting new Glocks for 439 at a Dallas, TX gun show; which is what prompted me to wait. However, thanks for the advice.. I probably will go ahead and do the order online thing rather than wait for the show.

There's a Turner's pretty close to me (Kearny Mesa) so I'll check them out as well.

--Steve

4. TerenceT

TerenceT

i've seen guys bought an UZI for 250 also :D, in OK or something...

Turner's transfer fee is $37, then add our government's fee, and your lock, you should get the gun home just over 500.

good luck
    tt