CA gangs using IED's on cop cars

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by emt1581, Mar 24, 2010.

1. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

I was watching the news and they were talking about how in CA, gangs ( I think they said a motorcycle gang) are suspected of putting bombs on officer's vehicles, which later did detonate. Plus they rigged a gun at the gate to fire at passing officers.

I know cops are targeted everyday by BG's. But has this level of violence been happening for a while or is this something LE hasn't really seen before in terms of actually bombing LE vehicles?

I mean, other than keeping the vehicles under constant observation, how would you even protect against something like that? Other than some sort of technology that notifies the officer when a foreign device is on the vehicle, how would you know who was doing what to your vehicle while inside a residence/etc.?

In my area, gang activity is pretty minimal in relation to parts of CA, but I've never thought about checking a fire/EMS vehicle for a bomb before getting in. I can't imagine actually having to make that part of my routine.

Bless those officers and hopefully they nail the entire group soon! :)

-Emt1581

2. txleapd

txleapd Hook 'Em Up

You think being a cop is dangerous? You should try being a crab-fisherman... Nothing says dangerous like having to face a hoard of angry Alaskan King Crabs toting 10mm's.

3. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

If thats really the case, I would expect the national guard to be called in to dispatch those jackasses w/ tanks.

IGF

4. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

I could be wrong but I don't think they can fight fire with fire so to speak in this case. The gov. isn't allowed to use tanks/rockets/etc. on civilians on US soil are they?

Otherwise, if the gang's hideouts are known, a few RPG's would take care of the problem assuming all the gang members were home at the time which is not likely anyways.

-Emt1581

5. blueiron

blueiron

6. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

I figured someone would have already mentioned it but I checked the entire first page and found nothing. :dunno:

-Emt1581

7. blueiron

blueiron

8. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

Yes they can. It is a myth, told by those who dont understand posse commitatus, that the government cant use the Military against citizens.

It should also be pointed out that the founding fathers themselves are the ones who opened the door to allow it and the National Guard, in particular, would be under the command of the Governer of a STATE anyways.

9. Patchman

Patchman Florist

The game's on.

10. ugly8604

ugly8604

It's the Vagos biker gang out in Hemet.

11. dano1427

dano1427

It's not new. My Agency had an Officer killed with a bomb in the late 60's, and there were a few bombed cars and booby traps in stations, etc. A vast majority of the suspects were leftist-domestic terrorists; i.e. The Weather Underground, BLA, ELF, etc.

12. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

When I took terrorism 101 in undergrad, we learned about groups like ELF only they didn't target LE. They targeted companies they felt were polluting the environment and such. Not saying it didn't happen, I just never knew that from what I was taught.

-Emt1581

13. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

This is the Vagos Outlaw Motorcycle Gang targeting members of the Riverside Gang Task Force in Hemet.

Do a search on those terms, you'll find it.

14. marchboom

marchboom

If the cops really want to solve this problem, they can. This sounds like a situation where all bets are off...especially if these idiot bikers go to the next step and target the officer's private cars, home and family.

15. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I think Wyatt Earp had the right idea when he unleashed the whirlwind.

"I see a red sash, I kill it!"

I am not holding out for hopes of the politicians ever letting us wage total war, even though that will clean up the joint.

16. marchboom

marchboom

The officers have to decide whether they want to win or lose. But they should not have to live in fear of the tactics now being used by these idiots. If the officers don't respond accordingly, the bikers will only increase their "terrorist" tactics. The criminal MUST live in fear of the officer. And it's up to the officer to instill that fear.

But yes, Wyatt did have the right idea.

17. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

The first shot has been fired at the cops. Time to start the "snake round ups."

18. 312

Our Capt. just came from a motorcycle vacation in the area amazed by the "Vaga Terror". I thought we were in bad shape by means of the courts... we have nothing on you guys

19. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

He was out riding in Riverside?

20. Edwood

Edwood Todo por México

That's exactly how the cartels intimidate the local police in Tijuana, except that instead of IED they tell them that they are going to kill any cop the see on the street. They almost always go true whit it. The municipal police in Tijuana now patrols the street in 3 car convoys.

Tijuanistan is what the locals call the city now.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010