close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CA fiscal train wreck gathering steam?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Mr981, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Mr981

Mr981

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012...-to-drop-during-san-bernardino-fiscal-crisis/

SB ready to go BK to get out from under and trash collection will be one of the services cut till it gets sorted out.

I get the feeling the train-wreck that has become CA's budget is just now starting to be felt and that the state is all out of options, save the one they don't want to do--cut spending.

How do you locals see it?

2. Drjones

Drjones

Born and raised in CA here....more conservative than just about anyone else I know...

That said, I so truly, deeply hope for some massive catastrophe to happen to this state, it isn't funny. Either the big one needs to shear the commies off at the San Andreas or the state's finances need to completely implode.

The government here is so screwed up it's beyond words. Really, just spend a few minutes perusing the SacBee and read about the bills they have passed and are trying to.... all the while, the roads are in shambles, but hey...let's spend like $70 billion on a high speed train from f&^%#ng Bakersfield to Madera; AKA from nowhere to even less-where...

Its truly astounding. The people who run this state, and the people who vote them in and re-elect them, are so warped it's sickening. Forget Alice & Wonderland, Lewis Carroll had nothing on CA, baby.

There is simply no possible way - nothing - short of absolute, end of the world, complete and total financial collapse that will change things. The dems and the unions are so entrenched and so corrupt...

Even then, of course I well realize that such a situation could open up a chance for things to get even worse by giving the inmates who are running this asylum a chance to even further tighten their stranglehold on the state, but who knows.... I guess at least it would be fun to watch.

If this post doesn't express how utterly disgusted, offended, and distraught I am by all levels of government in this state does, then I don't know what to say....

3. srhoades

srhoades

This has nothing to do with the state. The city of San Bernardino (San Bernar dog doo) is full of corruption and they have been cooking the books for years and now it has finally caught up to then.

4. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

I go to wine country and San Diego several times per year. California is our Greece except more frustrating. Calif has so many geographical advantages - it should be our number one state by far in terms of economic success not tied with Illinois or Michigan for our worst.

5. Drjones

Drjones

I think San B. is just like the state govt. and apparently many other CA cities. The city of Stockton, CA, is apparently either going to file BK, or just did....seriously, it's hard to keep up.

Vallejo went BK in I think 2008...

That's how the commie pond scum crawl their way up the sewers and into public office; they start on the school board, student government, then city council, then county, etc. etc. It's just astounding how many govt. officials are truly life-long, career politicians. They've never worked a real job in their lives.

6. Drjones

Drjones

Yep. Geographically, it's fantastic. Love it here. Last few years have gotten much cooler than I ever remember (all that global warming, ya know :upeyes: ) but I recently read it's because of back-to-back La Nina's. Hopefully that will change.

Apart from that, I love this state, truly has a lot of beautiful parts.