close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

C93 HK Clone / Opinions?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Apetrulis01, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Apetrulis01

Apetrulis01

I see these going between $499 and $699 dollars. can anyone tell me their experience with this firearm or things they have heard. If it is any good it might be something to add to the collection that is not feeding gas directly back into the receiver.

Thanks for the responses.

Adam

2. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

I wrote a pretty lengthy review of mine ont the now defunct Gunsnet... which I wish I could point you to.

I'm really happy with mine for the money and if you can get one for $500, even w/o accessories I'd jump all over it. Mine was really accurate and has been 100% over a few hundred rounds. I will summarize in bullet form b/c that's the mood I'm in now:

1) Mine is AWESOME. The only drawback is the mags, they are expensive and hard to find. Whoever makes a domestic polymer mag that works will make some serious $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

2) These were parts kits that Century got and sent out to several different shops to finish. There are even different finishes on the metal and furniture depending on who re-built it.

3) One of the subcontractors to Century acquired their own source of kits, split from Century, and is now attacking the "service life" of their own former builds. I've seen plenty of worn out, wasted G3s that have never seen a faggy HK feeler gauge, and excess bolt gap from wear only leads to "over-operating" and more recoil anyway.

4) It does blast gas into the receiver. Familiarize yourself w/ the HK method of operation. They also like to run wet.

Any specific questions just ask here... I'm enthusiastic about the gun.

3. Apetrulis01

Apetrulis01

Thanks for the response. I thought the HK was some sort of piston driven. Anyways, does it just gt as dirty as an AR after firing in the chamber.

Adam

4. CarlosC

CarlosC AK Fanatic

HK fell in love with the roller bolt design adapted from the MG-42 and used it in several rifle and machine gun (MP-5) designs.

5. Apetrulis01

Apetrulis01

I was reading abou the space in the bolt, does it really matter or just increase recoil?

Adam

6. CarlosC

CarlosC AK Fanatic

Yes it matters, but it has nothing to do with recoil. Bolt or roller wear won't affect recoil.

I'm not really sure what space you're talking about in the bolt. That long tube above the barrel on HK weapons is for the charging rod. No gas goes into there to operate the weapon. The HK roller bolt design works purely off recoil...the bolt is in two parts with one part housing steel rollers that fit into recesses. When a round in chambered, the rollers are pressed into the sides to lock the assembly in place. Firing causes the front part of the bolt to go back and unlock the rollers. This gives the chamber enough time to drop the pressure. The back half of the bolt (or I guess it is technically a bolt carrier), then continues back to cycle the action. Pretty neat system. Unfortunately, it does blow gas into the gun.