C-More on a Glock 34

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Nemesis Lead, Mar 16, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Nemesis Lead

Nemesis Lead

Hi Guys,

I just ordered a Glock 34, a C-More sight, and a Carver mount for the C-More. This will become a competition gun for me.

The Carver Mount instructions recommend lowering the ejection port on the Glock by 0.1000 of an inch to ensure reliable ejection.

I am balking at cutting into my Glock frame to do this.

Has anyone used the Glock/C-More/Carver combo? Is ejection reliable without cutting into the frame?

I will surely test this on my gun when I get it, but I wanted to see what experiences folks had.

Best Regards,

Nemesis

2. D. Manley

D. Manley

I have the same setup on a G34 except, I use the "Hunter" model which has higher clearance than the standard Carver mount. I still got an occasional case bounced back and stuck while cycling using lighter, factory 115 grain loads...147 grain were better. The real problem (in my case) arose using the setup with a compensated KKM barrel. The comp reduced recoil (even using a 13 LB ISMI recoil spring) so much that the problem was compounded. I ultimately solved the problem completely by installing a trigger housing with a modified ejector (See Below). These are available commercially (made by Dale Rhea) and sold by B&B Enterprises:

http://bb-enterprise.biz/Rhea.ivnu

[​IMG]

EDIT: I might add that Bobby is the rare combination of being very knowledgeable and a really, nice guy as well. He does respond to email so if you have any questions, I'd shoot him a note. I think you'll find him eager to help...

3. Nemesis Lead

Nemesis Lead

Thanks D. I really appreciate it.

Three questions:

1) Any idea if the D. Rhea modified ejector voids your warranty?

2) So I take it that you did not lower your ejection port?

3) Do you have any reliability issues now? I am looking for 100% reliability--(jams = bad for competition!)

Nemesis

4. D. Manley

D. Manley

1) I can't say but I would seriously doubt it. I shouldn't think the modified part could possibly "damage" anything and changing it is as simple as popping in another. FWIW, lengthening (by thinning) the ejector is not really a big deal...it simply doesn't take much to kick out the extracted case and the modified version is plenty strong enough. You may or may not need this anyway using a factory barrel...there is a substantial difference in the ejection force & pattern between comped and factory barrels.

2) I did not lower the port however, the Hunter version of the mount is higher already providing more clearance.

3) None. Before making the change I could run 147 grain loads reliably but not the lighter 115 grain. I can run anything now with no problem using comped barrel or stock.

5. Nemesis Lead

Nemesis Lead

Thanks again D. One final question--what holster do you use in competition?

I gotta get me one!

6. D. Manley

D. Manley