"c" glocks for carry

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by bagito, Apr 25, 2005.

1. bagito

bagito tanod

anyone here carrys the "C" models? any comments on the muzzle flash, thanks

2. kwando

kwando

i read that if you plan on shooting it at night the flash can be kinda bring causing you to loose sight of the target.

3. MOTHERGREEN

MOTHERGREEN

THATS SUCH BULL!!!! if you own a c (which I do) sure at first you notice it but after a while of shooting it you don't even notice it anymore.

4. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

To maintain my integrity, I have to admit I do not own a "C" model. I WAS very interested during my initial search for something a little bit more concelable than my Taurus P92. I was also looking for something with a little more "punch" since I would be giving up a couple of rounds in the Mag. I was used to firing 9mm (18+ years military), and had always heard all the old wives tales about recoil in anything larger than a 9mm. The G23 does not kick bad at all, I went with a new G23 without the compensator. I am VERY happy. I truly believe that if you can handle a 9mm, you can handle a 180gr. .40 G23 without the compensator.

Please begin flaming now.......~1

5. MOTHERGREEN

MOTHERGREEN

nuthin to flame about... I didn't reall NEED the c for the G21 I JUST LOVE THE FLAMES!! it's awesome when everyone at the range turns their head and starts walking over to see what you bring to the party. comped guns are louder than thier none comped counter parts and the flame is just too cool for school.

6. kwando

kwando

I have to admit it is cool to see those flames shoot up

7. MOTHERGREEN

MOTHERGREEN

yep my theory is a bullets a bullet it travels fast enuff to do its job whats a minor fps loss compaired to THEM AWESOME FLAMES :)

8. grecco

grecco

i carried a 23c for a few years.
    really do not noticed the flash.
    at my local range,its kind of dark,
    i still do not notice the flash,
    but the front sight gets dirty.
    thats my only complaint.
    if you like a c, go for it.

9. MOTHERGREEN

MOTHERGREEN

yeah the front sight gets dirty but it's not like it's hard to clean it off

10. bagito

bagito tanod

thanks guys, actually ive another concern on the c models the second is the LOUd BANG. anyone tried it firing inside a car or a confined space? keep your comments coming. thanks

11. Wicked96SS

Wicked96SS Typical Gun Nut Millennium Member

My personal opinion is that you should not use it for personal defense, for a couple of reasons:

1. The flash IS distracting for some (me)...
    2. If you shoot from retention you can burn yourself (face, etc.) with the gasses that come out.
    3. They are precieved as being louder (not that this will matter much in a defensive situation).
    4. At least with the G21C and the G22C (the compensated pistols that I have shot from), the difference in recoil was minimal to me. I have shot the G21C much more than the G22C, might help with the .40 S&W, but for the .45, didn't notice anything.

If you want a C version for a range toy or competition, grab a non ported barrel for carry... it is a bit more, but not much.

Before I get jumped on: YES I have shot them, a lot... NO I don't want one because of the reasons stated above.

12. MOTHERGREEN

MOTHERGREEN

mines just for range fun anyhow

13. J.P.

J.P. Intergalactic

I called glock about a malfunction I was having in my 19c and they said,"The 'c' models are not suitable for carry because they don't have enough velocity to reliably cycle the slide with all ammo" ;Q
    I have no qualms with carrying one though.

14. MOTHERGREEN

MOTHERGREEN

what the mines never failed to shoot all the rounds out thats odd...

15. blake711

blake711 Pro-Fesh-U-Nawl

Wow that is nuts I was talking to the Airport Police where I work and they said Tulsas standard issue is a 22c .. Glock Fotie

16. phanp

phanp

shoot mine all the time and have no problem i have a 23c that i carry all the time. the flash i never enen noticed it till my buddy was shooting it. If your watching someone shoot it

17. jbremount

jbremount

I have a glock 23 which I had magna-ported. I personally think it is better than the glock ports. Never-the-less, they are very similar. The ports do make a difference as far as muzzle rise and getting back on target faster. The big names in the shooting world are not using ports and compensators just for the looks. They actually work. My sights never get dirty, and I do not see flash using winchester value box ammo in the daylight. At night,I see flash but it is with both the muzzle and the ports using the winchester value pack ammo. This is normal and even my unported guns show flash at night with this ammo. When I use premium self defense ammo which has flash retardent in it...the flash at night is not a issue. You cannot see it,period. I have no problem using a gun with ports similar to glock's or magna-ports for self defense, none. 99.9% of the time one should have the gun extended and aiming. I would think you can take your ported glock to most major gun training schools and complete the training without any problem. You fight the way you are trained/practice. I can shoot faster accuratly, as the gun gets back on target faster and I have more time to aim. Ports are louder, but that is another non issue to me. I shot my glock 23 with ports in a emergency situation and I did not even notice the noise. I probably would not use ports on a 9mm as it is already soft recoiling with very little muzzle rise, and probably not a 45 as it is a low pressure round. The .40, and the 10mm are higher pressure and you will notice a difference in muzzle rise.

18. jbremount

jbremount

check out this web site on magna-porting.(www.magnaport.com/hgun.html). Glock portings are very similar, but not a direct copy, nevertheless glock studied and choose this type of porting over the other type of gun porting for their model c guns.

19. eric29oklahoma

eric29oklahoma

To all the C’s out there, have you ever really been in a tactical situation where I was life and limb? Where you chose the C over the standard? I have or shall I say my wife was she is now technically blind because of it. She had a shot and took it. The flash from it blinded her for life. It was to close to here face. The C in my eyes is a very bad thing. Recoil is not worth the triad off.

20. shark_za

shark_za Woes

You never know the shooting position you might end up in a self defence situation, I would not want a gun that spits flames out the top in my face...

Two of my friends carry 23C's , I'll keep my 23 thank you.