Bye Bye RTF 2.....

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SCHOOFSTER, Jun 10, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SCHOOFSTER

SCHOOFSTER

Ok fudd. Why are you so upset?

2. SCHOOFSTER

SCHOOFSTER

I have 6 of these frames. Lol

3. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy

Please post a link to $100 RTF2 frames...

4. FireMedic-50

FireMedic-50 Silver Member

What Josh said/asked

FOS

5. SonOfa91B

SonOfa91B

Too many acting as though OP committed an act of sacrilege.

Removing the RTF2 texture isn’t everyone’s cup-o-tea, just as RTF2 turned out not to be OP’s cup-o-tea.

SO91B

Intolerant, glide and boilergonzo like this.
  6. ak103k

ak103k

Hey its his gun. Ive stippled a bunch of guns and its amazing how many people seem to get upset by it.

Personally, the RTF2 is my favorite texture, and they are the only ones I dont stipple. I wish Glock would offer it as an option, and do the whole grip in it.

I think if you were smart about it, you'd have traded it off for something else and made some money on it. But, thats just me. :)

7. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

Totally agree. His gun, his choices, and I hope he loves it.

Having said that, he does like calling people Fudd's (frequently), and is likely happy with the reactions and responses. All predictable. But I am with you. If he truly can get them for $100, he is burning money if he doesn't simply sell or trade them for base G19 grips to modify. People do pay extra for that, and it is a lost opportunity.

But back to the original point you made... his guns, his choice.

If he wants to show images of modified frames and doesn't care about the money lost, it's his choice! Free country, free speech, and I hope he loves the final product! I am always entertained by seeing things others choose to do. Some I may be baffled by, but that is okay!

8. Timmy bigtime

Timmy bigtime

I did same thing. Even left the top finger groove and removed the lower. Good job OP.

glide and SCHOOFSTER like this.
  9. Teufelhunden71

Teufelhunden71

Don't know if I could bring myself to do that. Your gun, OP, do whatever you want with it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

10. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

Totally agree. And if one doesn't care for the taste of a hard-to-find bottle of $29 Weller bourbon, and chooses to mix three bottles of it with thirty liters of Coca-Cola, drop in a twenty pound bag of ice, and serve it at a college party they have every right to do that! Enjoy!

That cheap $29 bottle of Weller isn't of huge intrinsic value, and isn't some rare piece of irreplaceable history. It is a widely sold item, just like an RTF grip. it IS harder to find than most, and demand far outstrips supply. So it sells for $200 or even $300 per bottle (instead of $29).

Serving it to a group of thirsty party animals mixed with Coke and served in a few five gallon buckets is one way to use it. And that can be fun. But selling it for $300 (times three bottles for a $900 profit) and either making money OR buying several different bottles you DO like is another approach. One is a bit more fiscally sound, but both are perfectly fine.

Sometimes it is fun to watch people wreck a Ferrari, light money on fire, or spray everyone with a $1,000 bottle of Champaign. Not because it makes sense. Just because they want to, it makes them happy, and it is their money to spend as they wish.

Go get 'em! Have fun! All good!

11. SCHOOFSTER

SCHOOFSTER

Joshhtn likes this.
  12. SCHOOFSTER

SCHOOFSTER

13. SonOfa91B

SonOfa91B

Tastefully done, and I’m not usually a big fan of stippling.

SO91B

SCHOOFSTER likes this.
  14. Intolerant

Intolerant

I`ve never been a fan of modifying frames and grips, but DAMN! Thats a nice lookin job!!!
    As long as YOU`RE happy with it, thats all that should matter!

boilergonzo and SCHOOFSTER like this.
  15. soggy_spinout

soggy_spinout G23 addict

No big loss in my mind; I'd guess that these are probably frames done for the 2017-2018 RTF2 Larry Vickers reboot. Which if the case frankly aren't the same as the original RTF2 texture. The original texture were little pyramids that came to an actual point. The reboot texture pyramids were slightly truncated, not pointed like the 2009 RTF2 pyramid texture of my original run G17. In other words, wimpier...er, I meant..."kinder and gentler".

Keep in mind that, truncated or not, an all-out lovefest for this texture was NOT a universally held opinion. While RTF2s often felt great in-hand, agencies in general hated having their officers carry any of the original run of guns because they grabbed and tore into all kinds of clothing fabrics, something fairly alien to previous iterations of Glock. Any civilian who tried carrying a 2009 vintage RTF2 gun on a regular basis would likely concur (my hand raised).

The subsequent reboot RTF2 Glocks brought back similar negative opinions with a fair number of buyers as well. And keep in mind that after all of that, this negativity is exactly why Glock bailed on the pyramids in the first place and instead chose to use a texture based on extruded micro blocks on the later Gen4 and Gen5. Fewer folks objected to the blocks.

As for the ultimate rework itself: the reshape and texturing looks pretty nice. All good except for the choice of the yellowy flowery mustard color; definitely not my kind of shade for a gun, let alone a Glock.

16. ak103k

ak103k

Ive been carrying/shooting just that, for about a decade now, and haven't found that to be the case. I think, like the stippled guns, the texture "wears" or "dulls" over time, and isn't quite as aggressive as when new.

I don't seem to have the issue with the guns I've stippled either. Although with some of my fleece pull overs, they can on occasion get a bit "grabby".

17. Geezer Glide

Geezer Glide NRA Life Member

Every time someone makes a permanent alteration to a Glock, it increases the value of the unaltered Glocks. Thanks, guys.

18. SCHOOFSTER

SCHOOFSTER

Lol...it's a plastic gun. There is no value.

19. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

Totally agree. It isn't for me, but I can appreciate the time and effort that went into it. There is craftsmanship invested in that effort. It looks good.

As long as the owner is happy, I am happy.

Intolerant likes this.
  20. SCHOOFSTER

SCHOOFSTER

It may be the lighting or a filter. The color is FDX. Its close to the factory 19x color.

As for the ultimate rework itself: the reshape and texturing looks pretty nice. All good except for the choice of the yellowy flowery mustard color; definitely not my kind of shade for a gun, let alone a Glock.[/QUOTE]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.