Bye bye Columbus Day overtime

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by Lock316, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Lock316

Lock316

I worked Columbus Day and got double time and a half for my troubles. After work I dropped by my brothers house to give him some fishing stuff I bought for him as a thank you for watching our dog the past weekend.

So, we are chatting outside when we see a kitten hiding underneath a van. My nephew had mentioned that one of the local strays had some kittens nearby, so we figure it was one of hers. I distract the kitty while my brother picks it up. After picking it up, we notice that half of one of its front paws is missing. My brother was going to take it to the animal shelter the next day, since it was late. I figured that if we took it to the shelter they would put it down, so I took it to the vet instead.

$250+ later, the kitty is OK, but the vet isn't sure if the paw needs to be amputated. Plus, the wife isn't very happy about me spending the money, especially since I am going to either give the kitty away or take it to the shelter. We aren't hurting for money, so I don't think it is that big of a deal. She is allergic to cats (I didn't plan on keeping the darned thing, I just want to give it a chance to make someone happy), but we need to keep it for a week while it heals.

Also, our dog appears to want to eat the kitty. So, I basically may have wasted my time and money on a $250 dog snack.

Anyway, thank you Columbus! Without your holiday I wouldn't have had the extra money to help the kitty!

P.S Anyone in Northern Virginia want a male tabby that may someday have only 3 legs? :)

2. BadLight

BadLight Was that a tree

You, Sir, are a good man. You're kindness will not go unnoticed or unrewarded. If not in this world, then another.

Best Wishes

Later: OK I'll send you 25 bucks to help defray the cost. PM me your address and I'll send a Postal Money Order. I know it isn't much but it's better than a sharp stick in the eye :) and if some others jump in and you get your money back, you have to name the cat GheeTea ;f Hummm... maybe Eric will adoupt it then... it will become the GT mascot have it's picture all over the internet and be as famous as James Bond... just a thought.

3. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

If you were in Southern VA, I would help you place that kitty! :)

I don't know anybody up that way who helps with rescues.

How about posting some pics? We might could start here and find it a home :)

4. Lock316

Lock316

I'll post some pictures later. He is a lively devil. I am amazed at how mobile he is with 3 legs. He kind of drags the other leg, but he sure is quick.

Thanks for the offer Badlight, but I figure that it was one of those things that are just meant to be. I got the OT because I was supposed to help the guy out.

5. BadLight

BadLight Was that a tree

As I said... you Sir are a Good Man

6. Glockgirl26

Glockgirl26

Bless your heart for helping that kitty. What a generous thing to do.:)