close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Buying new, (USED) 19, please help!

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by wanta68gt, Nov 24, 2002.

1. wanta68gt

wanta68gt Savage Nation

Hi everybody- I'm new to GT, so my first thread is of course- a cry out for advice. I recently bought a 2nd gen. G-19, (by the way, what does the "G" stand for, I've also seen M-19's, what's the difference?), from GunBroker.com. I checked feedback and bought my new gun from GabesGuns out of Williamsburg, Iowa. They're nice people, and so far have been a pleasure to do business with. They tell me the gun came from an old man, who didn't shoot it hardly at all, I know, I know- that's what they all say- but the pictures are immaculate and I've talked with the shop, and they sound like honest people. Anyway- my question: Once it gets to my FFL I have 3 days to check it over to decide if I want to keep it. Being my first glock, I have no idea what to look for as far as signs of wear. What are some trouble ares on this gun, and furthermore, if it is really "unfired", would there be any evidence that the gun is almost brand new? Should I just take it to an armorer, and pay him to look at it? I live in gainesville florida, and supposedly there is an armorer in Alachua at the "Deer Stand", which isn't too far away, but if you all could help me with some key things to look for, I would rather save myself the trip. I'm sorry to ask what are probably basic questions, but everybody has to start sometime, right? Any help you could give me would be great, THanks. ----------> Jeff[​IMG]

2. Uzzirider

Uzzirider

Go the range and have someone there look at it. If it seems to be in good shape, then put some rounds through it to make sure it functions well. I wouldn't pay an armorer to check out a glock, as they are so simple to break down and inspect, as well as having about half as many parts as some other pistols. Just make sure your range people seem to be somewhat knowledgable about Glocks.
    G-19 = Glock 19
    M-19 = (Glock) Model 19

*Edited*: Where the F did that picture come from?
    Also, only post your question once... putting it in 3-4 different catagories will only get poeples panties in a bunch.