close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Buying my first SIG, pro 2022

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by trlcavscout, Jan 24, 2010.

1. trlcavscout

trlcavscout

Hope I will like it, I have heard good things about the Sig pro 2022. I am selling my G23 to finance it. I put it on layaway today. $499 with night sites and 3 mags. I am not saying it will be any more reliable then my G23 (hopefully not any less) but it feels better in my hand. Any body have experience with these? I thought about the 250 but everybody said stay away from it, it jams and the trigger is terrible. I have never owned or shot any SIG so I couldnt tell you.

2. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman Nuclear Trunk Monkey

Who says WHUT!?!? LOL.

I have both a Sig SP2022, and a Sig P250 Subcompact. All the bad press you hear about the P250 is from earlier models that had bugs. My P250 Subcompact has a born-on date of 12/26/2009, so I'm sure its fine; not only that, but I put 150 rounds through it today with no problem. Its got the best DAO trigger I've ever felt on a gun.

NOW.......as for the Sig SP2022......I love mine, but have not shot it yet. I decided to shoot my P250 instead of the SigPro. Mine came with one 15-round mag, Night Sights, and a case brand new for $460. Born-on date was May 18th 2009. You must have gotten one of the older ones that had the multiple mags come with it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. trlcavscout

trlcavscout

I am not sure on the mf date, it could be, hey said they have seen them come in with 1, 2, 3, even 4 mags. This thing feels great in the hand, I hope it runs as good as it feels. I thought about the 250, but the 2022 did feel better.

4. mesteve2

mesteve2

Talk to others. Not the best sig.

5. Airborne Infantryman

The 2022 does feel great in the hand. I'll admit, it feels better in my hand than any of my other guns. I can't wait to shoot it. I will say one thing; the Night Sights are BRIGHT as heck. I can almost see them in my bedroom during daylight. :cool:

6. trlcavscout

trlcavscout

I was wondering about the sites, they looked good in the store with my hand covering them, I am hopeing they are bright.

7. trlcavscout

trlcavscout

I know its not the top of the line, but of everyone I talked to about the 2022 I didnt hear anything negative.

8. Airborne Infantryman

I don't know what he is talking about; everyone on SigForum says the SP2022 is Sig's best kept secret, and value. :dunno:

9. big68

big68

Hate to burst your bubble but CDNN has em for $399 with night sights, 2 grips included-1 with lanyard, rare military contract, 9mm and 2-15 rnd mags. NO SALES TAX either. Give them a call 800-588-9500 and get 1 from them.

10. trlcavscout

trlcavscout

I will hopefully get my G23 sold in a couple days and be able to pick up the SIG and go put a few hundred rounds through it. Thanks for the info AI.

11. trlcavscout

trlcavscout

Yep but it would cost me a $50 transfer fee, that is what all the FFls's charge around here. I dont care about a lanyard, and I get 3 mags. So I dont think I came out to bad.

12. big68

big68

I only charge $15. I am an FFL here in Missouri.

13. Airborne Infantryman

The ones at CDNN are indeed the Military Contract overflow SP2022s that were destined for either U.S. Army Tanker Command, or the French Border Patrol. Both use the SP2022.

I got a full-German SP2022. Some are German frames, with the American slide, while some are full-German. If yours has the Ifalon finish, as opposed to the Nitron finish, its 99% a full German made SP2022. You can tell the difference between the Ifalon (SP2022) and the Nitron (P250) in the pic. The Ifalon is smoother looking, and kinda shiny, where as the Nitron on my P250 is rough looking and matte.

14. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

They are $439 and I'm picking mine up from my dealer tomorrow. :)

-Emt1581

15. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

In terms of the entire Sig line, you might be correct.

In terms of it being a great gun for the money, most if not all, on here who have/shot them would disagree with you.

-Emt1581

16. Seayall

Seayall

My first Sig was a SP2340. Great gun with no issues, I still carry it from time to time now. The only "trick" I had to learn was the take down for cleaning, kind of like a glock in that you have to use two hands. Other then that great gun. I have quite a few Sigs and some in the Sig world looked down on the SP line do to being a "plastic" gun. I have had no issue with that at all. I do use the large grip myself, the small just did not feel right in my hand.

Enjoy your first Sig, I am sure it will not be your last...

17. big68

big68

Sorry to say that they are listed for $399 and NOT $439. I would ask your salesman at CDNN and he should give it to you for $399. I do it for all my customers. Fair is fair!

18. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

Where are you getting this info? They WERE $399 in Dec.

-Emt1581

19. trlcavscout

trlcavscout

I cant even find them on CDNN, I have never shopped there, I dont see any guns? Anybody have a link. Thanks

20. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

I have a SigPro SP2022 in 9mm and it is a terrific pistol compared to my former G19, my freind's G22, and his wife's G23. That's why I dumped my Glock for the SigPro.

Glocks point in an unusual manner.

I will say that the standard SigPro grip is a bit large for my hand, but the overall ergos are superior to a Glock.