close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Buying Glock 22 Gen2 Police Trade

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Lurch556, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Lurch556

Lurch556

im buying my first Real Steal gun. the gun as the post says its G22 Gen2 police trade in. im buying it from a dealer in Columbus, ohio. the dealer is Vance's Outdoors. there are many thing i wish i would of done.most of all i wish i would of went to look at it and check it out before put any money on it. but its to late now i jumped into buying a gun. i didn't do much research on it before buying it. i offered price and it was taken fast. i offered them $329+tax. but since i have done some research. but the thing i would like to now is did i get screwed or would it be good deal. the gun comes with night sights and 3 mags. the only thing is good they put 30 day warranty on it.

2. Rustin

Rustin

What a coincidence. I live right down the street from Vance's. I know they have a boatload of gen2 G22's. They often charge over $400 dollars. I always see them and think, damn that's way too high, but they can probably get away with it. You did good though. You got night sights and three mags for $329. That's usually what smaller shops would charge for and old police trade in. Congrats on the new 22. Most wear and tear on the pistol will be from holstering.Got any pictures?

3. scccdoc

scccdoc

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Are they "night sights" if they don't glow in the dark? DOC

4. Lurch556

Lurch556

don'thave any pics yet still have to go to pic it up.

5. SGT278ACR

SGT278ACR Retired Veteran

Congrats on the G22. I don't think you got screwed. I bought a Police trade-in G22 (Gen2) from Bud's online about 6 months ago and have no regrets. Paid $369 for it. Like you, came with night sights & 3 mags. Minor holster wear. Just be aware, the night sights will probably not illuminate anymore since G22 Gen2's are quite a bit older. I replaced mine with stock Glock sights. Based on the serial number I determined nine was manufactured in 1997. The gun looks newer than that and performs magnificantly. As a matter of fact I plan on shooting my first GSSF match with it in May. Have fun with it. You got a good deal. :wavey:

6. Lurch556

Lurch556

the sales man told me that they illuminate but very slightly i plan on getting new night sights.

7. SGT278ACR

SGT278ACR Retired Veteran

Good call. I think you'll be pleased with the gun. If you plan on going stock Glock sights with it, they're less than $15 for both front & back.

8. Marcus71

Marcus71

$329 is a pretty good price. I bought my neighbor's G22 Gen 3, when his department got issued the Gen 4, for $400 - night sites still good, 3 mags...

Only thing you may want to do is change the recoil spring if you don't know how many rounds it has on it, and if you get any FTFeed, change the mag springs too - some of mine were stretched a bit too far to be reliable.

Enjoy :)

9. Mongosafari

Mongosafari El diablo verde

Even if it needs new sights, recoil and mag springs you still got a nice deal. Good for you.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  10. stepnmud

stepnmud

Congrats on the G22. I had also picked up a G22 gen3 with old nite sights and two mags, police tradin several months ago for $350.00 out the door and seems like a fair price for me as a new glock shooter. My 20something daughter was asking me about a hd/carry gun and had shot my revolvers enough to feel comfortable shooting them,but wanting more round capacity. I had first recommended a Ruger 101 for 38/357 cal. or a S&W revo, but was more interested in the glocks, so I found the used G22 to learn for myself how to operate and shoot. Now I'm telling her to try out mine with a Lonewolf conversion 40-9 barrel and rent a few at a local indoors range that specializes in Glocks. Plus I can reload her ammo.

11. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

Congrats on a pretty good deal. The range I started shooting at has (had??) 4 Gen3 trade ins for $375 on Sunday. My LEO neighbor recommends Vance's an we live over in Dayton. I wanted to stop in there last night on my way home from Cleveland but they are closed Mondays.

Vance had Gen2 G21 for $359 about 3 weeks ago too.

12. ZekerMan

ZekerMan ZekerMan

You did OK I think, if you remove your old night sights you can always sell them on the classifieds for those just wanting steel sights, although your front sight may be a pinned one so that one will be ruined when removed. Enjoy the G22. I now have 3 police trade in Glocks and enjoy them all, no problems.

13. tercel89

tercel89

I am LEO and I had to give up my issued Gen 2 G22 for a Gen 3 G22 replacement (we went to the Gen3 for us to have lights on our G22's) and I was given the option of buying my old G22 but I didnt have the money at the time. I think you will have done great on getting a Gen 2 G22 . They are awesome pistols. They may have scratches but they still dont rust and they have "character" with the scratches that they do have :cool:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  14. tercel89

tercel89

I have never seen a Glock that has had to have a rebuild. All the Glocks that I have seen have only had to have a thorough cleaning and detail strip. They are the new age "1911's" of the 21st century in my opinion. I have been messing with Glocks since 1994 and I trust my life with them. Trust me , I do , all I got to say is 03-15-12. I'll never own another gun except a S&W 442 revolver and any Glock :cool:

15. willforu1

willforu1

I just bought two new glocks in the past few days by internet auction (I now own a total of 3 glocks). Anyway, I have been watching the auctions and I don't think the Police trade-ins are going any cheaper than what you paid. Also, you just have to pay tax and not the shipping and FFl fee so you should be a little ahead.

Also, the holster wear is not a bad thing. My two new ones are so beautiful I am hesistant to put them in a holster. The older one you will not hesitate to take everywhere and not care about holster wear.

I think that this is a inexpensive way to get into a Glock and see if you like it. Then you can start to go crazy and buy several (Like I am).

16. bac1023

bac1023

17. Glock40man

Glock40man

18. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Congrats! Good deal.

19. JohnP82

JohnP82

Congrats on a great gun! That is not a bad price and coming with 3 mags is pretty nice. My G22 is a police trade in and I paid 339 for it and I am more than happy with it.

20. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

I believe most not all LE Trade ins are a great deal, I however got one from Keislers Police Supply with two other Officers, at a decent price $360 dim N/S, 3 mags (as new). We went and picked them up, and the two my co workers got were 95% as new. Mine had "Road rash" bad on the right rear of the grip frame. I wanted to send it back and in the meantime put a rubber grip sleeve over the wound like a bandage. I wanted to return it, but being once a memebr of the Sheriffs department they were surplused from, I was informed it was the issue of an academy class member of mine who off duty was killed while riding his motorcycle. That same Glock-22 gen 3 was on his hip when he had the unfortunate accident hence the "Road rash". I couldn't send it back then now could I?!?