close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Buying first AR at Gun Show ,,,,any Tips so i get a good deal on a great Rifle?

Discussion in 'Test-Posts Here' started by MadMax v2012, Jun 22, 2007.

1. MadMax v2012

MadMax v2012 Savage Member

I am going to the Silverado Gun show in Frederick MD this weekend. A few weeks ago I purchased a Glock 19 and have put about 1200 rounds downrange. I have little firearms knowledge other than what i my grandfather and cousin taught me when i was a teen (cough cough decades ago). I plan on taking a gun sight type course and maybe even 3 gun competetion latter on but it is primarly part of my EOTWAWKI Package.

Tommorow I would like to get an AR 15 type rifle "out the door" and add the premium upgrades later. (I could run into some used rifles as well) I have read many post and forums about the rifle and I just can't sort out what is best so here is what i think i am looking for:

Chambered 556

Chrome bolt

Single stage trigger

non chrome threaded HD barrel 1:9

A2 iron sights

Deatachable Handle

Likes: Collapsible stock, rails, 3 gun Light, front vertical grip, free float tube and sling, and anything else they might ban later.

I think the manufacturer of the lower reciever is probally the most critical part and is the only item i can not direct ship or assemble myself later. So a ranking of MFG,s might help me spot a great used as deal.

I am looking to spend $600-700 plus case mags and lots of ammo to go break it in!

Thank you all in advance!
    :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: