close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Buying a 26 - Glock Night Sights or Aftermarket??

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by PA1911, Feb 25, 2010.

1. PA1911

PA1911

Hi Folks,

I know this has been covered before, and I have been searching. I am going to be buying a 26 in the next few weeks. I was thinking about just getting the fixed sights and upgrading later with something better. But, I have been reading that some think they are fragile and prone to breakage.

I dont really have a preference between the fixed and glock night sights(sight picture wise), but i figured since its going to be a HD/CCW pistol night sights would be a good choice. I can get the glock night sights for $50 more than the fixed sights, which is less than other aftermarket night sights. I dont mind spending for the Glock Sights, but if some aftermarket ones are alot better Ill wait and buy those.

Are those of you who have the Glock night sights happy with them, or do you think it would be better to buy one with fixed sights and put the extra cash toward better Night Sights?

Who makes Glock Night Sights?

Thanks for the help everyone

PA1911

2. table

table

i have a 26 and have the Glock nite sights on them. the reason i got them was because i wanted nite sights and they only had 26s with factory nite sights. i got the gun for CCW and in all reality you don't need nite sites for that. like its been said if you ever need to use it for SD the distance is so close. the nite sites aren't really necessary. if you are set on getting nite sites on your gun i suggest the XS Big Dot sites.

3. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Probably cheaper to get the gun already with night sights. 26 is an excellent choice, the best Glock.

4. RonATL

RonATL Glock Lover

I bought a 26 with nights sights 2 weeks ago.

I held my buddys sig p226 side by side in the dark and his trijicons were a bit brighter but it was hard to tell.

For $50 I am happy with the glock sights. I dont see myself changing them in the future.
    More then capable of getting the job done if ever needed.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  5. CitizenOfDreams

CitizenOfDreams

If it's your first gun with night sights, don't spend too much money, you may not like them at all. I am seriously thinking about changing factory night sights on my G26 to regular ones.

6. DWentz744

DWentz744 Technoviking

Meprolight makes the Glock NS.

I believe the Trijicons are a better product but they'll both do the job.

7. Flared_Nostrils

Flared_Nostrils Mutant

I replaced the stock front sights with the Ameriglo/Trijicon front night sights and kept the factory Glock rear sights on my pistols and really like the set up. (about $35 each)
    Cheap way to get a green glow up front:
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/SCP840-1.html

XS Big dots look great, just a bit expensive.
    I'd like to try them out sometime.

8. The Habit

The Habit كافر

I've always put Ameriglo Operators on my Glocks but the G36 I just bought came with Glock Night Sights and I have to admit, I really like them. I like the white ring around the tritium insert. Easier to pick up in daylight shooting than my Ameriglos. I'd definitely get GNS again.

9. TcRoc

TcRoc Phillies Fan !!

Glock night sights on my 26 and 30 ,,,save yourself the money and get them..

10. 4GLOCKER

4GLOCKER

The Meps are rated to be slightly brighter.

11. Bob45acp

Bob45acp HandgunWorld

+1 on the XS Big Dot Sights. And I agree, night sights probably aren't necessary, but with the XS you get night sights and you can't miss that huge big dot up front. In a high stress, adrenaline pumping atmosphere of a self defense shooting, you will WANT a big front sight you can pick up easily, IF you're even able to get a sight picture at all.

12. pangloss9

pangloss9

I have a G26 with Glock night sights. If I had it to do over again, I would have gotten regular sights and then replaced them with aftermarket night sights. I have some Warren Tacticals on my G17, and I really like those sights.

13. busadude

busadude

my 33 i ordered glock nite sites was only 40$ more ....the dealer ordered 2 and 1 looked like a 1st grader installed them the other i picked was ok but not as perfect as i expected from the glock factory ......i called glock and yes the serial # came back as having factory installed nite sites .....i had a thread about this but some wiseguy closed it!!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  14. glockman9mm

glockman9mm

I have the Glock night sites on all 4 of mine and am very happy with them. :wavey:

15. Bob45acp

Bob45acp HandgunWorld

I've got Warren Tacticals on my G34. They are nice. Easy sight acquisition. The wide rear notch and the front sight post is just the right height. Most shooting will be at such close range anyway that an experienced and well practiced point shooter will be fine no matter what sights they have.

16. fulltang

fulltang not normal

I like Trijicons better. Either way, get them on the gun when you buy it.

17. garageman

garageman

I have 4 Glocks and have Meprolights on 3 and Glock brand on the other one. They are all about the same in my opinion - but you can normally buy a Glock for about $50 more with the Glock sites already installed - and others range from $59-109 afterwards.

I don't know if this is true...but I was at a GSSF match a couple weeks ago and the Glock armorer said that the Glock brand sites had the tennifer treatment and will not rust like some others will. I have not have any rust issues with the Meps though. They all seem to be equally accurate on target. I have thought about getting a fiber optic set - but hearing about the rods falling out concerns me (I know not all brands will fall out). The Glock or Mep steel isn't going to come off (I have the screw on front Glock site).

I 'believe' the Glock set comes with a 15 year warranty so if they stop glowing Glock will prolly send you a new set or work with you on them.

18. LilWolfess

LilWolfess

I have the factory nightsites on mine, and am quite happy with them thus far. They seem pretty sturdy. I've even dropped them on pavement with no real damage (scuff on the rear sight, but no apparant adjustment).

19. stroker

stroker

This is probably gonna start a lot of s*** BUTT, if you have to use NS's to see them , how can you see what your shooting at?