close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Buyer beware!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Vultite, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Bushflyr

Bushflyr ʇno uıƃuɐɥ ʇsnɾ Millennium Member

LOL. You buy a cheap ***** brand with horrible reviews all over the web and you're surprised when it breaks? Then you're nasty to some minimum wage flunky in India and you're surprised when you don't get good service?

If you're going to buy junk at least get it at Costco so it's easy to return when it breaks. Write off your $50 and chalk it up to a cheap lesson. :upeyes:

2. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

With all due respect but let me guess where you bought that Element TV?

Was it at Walmart ?

Seriously the TV is a bargain basement TV even for Walmart standards. I actually own one that is in my finished basement where the kids keep their toys and hang out during parties. I bought it last year, a 40" flatscreen Element for $240. Still works fine, but for that price I'm not going to expect to as good as my Panasonic, or dare I say a Sony Bravia.

3. Vultite

Vultite

Yep, Walmart, and I don't expect anything other than for it to work while it's under warranty...it lasted 2 months of light use. Why is it so hard to expect a company to honor their word? I put this video up here as a warning to prevent people from being in my situation. BTW, this company doesn't use flunkies from India, they are based in the US and supposedly assemble the TV's now in Detroit...

4. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Nevermind.

Good luck getting this resolved. Probably would have been wise to buy the replacement plan at wal mart on an el-cheapo like that.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  5. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

I think I'd prefer India.... those are probably laid off auto workers who are used to outrageous compensation despite poor quality of products and even worse work habits.

6. Vultite

Vultite

I do have the plan from Walmart, it doesn't allow me to do anything until after the factory warranty is up.

7. Glock30Eric

Glock30Eric .45 ACP

Detroit, that explains. It's no different with GM cars.

8. Gregg702

Gregg702 Gold Member

I wouldn't be suprised if the TV had a blown head gasket.

9. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

I wonder if it was the lady across the street or the license plate bending bandit. Lol

You said it. 10 min at Walmart or Best Buy and you would have been done.

10. Adjuster

Adjuster

I haven't watched the video yet but if I read correctly you purchased this tv at Walmart. Walmart has one of the most lenient no questions asked return policies there is. Whats with all the shipping? Cant you take it to your local Walmart and plop it down on the customer service desk? Ok I am going to go watch the video.

/

11. Adjuster

Adjuster

Very poor packaging on Elements part.

/

12. Vultite

Vultite

According to the factory warranty policy, I have to deal directly with the manufacturer. My extended warranty through walmart goes into effect after the manufacturer's warranty expires. So I'm stuck playing their game until I finally get somewhere or the year is up. I'm guessing once the year is up, I'll actually get somewhere at this rate.

EDIT: Part of my rage is that they try to pin this on UPS each time, I can't wait to see the UPS people about this.

13. costanza187

costanza187 I like Macs

I agree... the OP should have talked to Walmart first. I imagine a trip to the local store would have prevented this whole brouhaha. He mentioned having the extended warranty and if he had the receipt (which I would assume he had if he bought that too).

The TV being an obvious legit purchase, I really believe that Walmart would have either issued a refund on the spot OR replaced the TV if they had any in stock.

14. Vultite

Vultite

Yeah,I really wish I would have done that...because now I'm trapped in this perpetual shipping of TV's...oh, and I forgot to mention, there's a $400 hold on my credit card for a TV that isn't even worth that much..."in case I don't ship them back the damaged TV" But the whole point of this thread is for hopefully no one to make these mistakes...starting with buying anything from Element to begin with.

15. Bruce M

Bruce M

:rofl::rofl:

16. JimIsland

JimIsland

wtf is an Element? I thought that was a car or something? As the Chinese man says, "You order **** you eat ****".

17. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

I don't know sometimes I rather deal with Privet Patel from New Delhi, then Miss LaShawnaquea Jones from Detriot.

A TV only lasting 2 months does suck. Good luck with that .

18. Cmacc

Cmacc

Should have went straight back to the store the minute it failed.

19. CLoft239

CLoft239 I Like Turtles

+1 Even when I buy items that have that "do not return to store if defective, contact us" label in the packaging, I still take it right back to the store if it's jacked up.

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  20. SC Tiger

SC Tiger Jive Tiger

That trick is done primarily so that the stores aren't 100% aware of the bad parts that their customers are receiving.

If it's broke or missing parts, you call the 1-800 number, they correct the issue, and the store is none the wiser. They can still find out but it isn't "in their face." Plus they don't have to buy back a $300 item because a $5 part was left out (this is probably at least 80% of the reason they do this).

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012