GlockTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Banned
6,920 Posts
I'm a Christian too. Not all civil authority is granted by God. That would mean that Hitler's regime would have be instilled by God. Also under your ideology, we would still be under British rule.
:) My friend, and I mean that sincerely, what makes you think that America is not still under British rule? Hmmm ....... ;)

You are correct, though. Under, 'my ideology' (Which should be, 'your ideology' too; if, in fact, you are also a Christian.) we would still be under Great Britain's clearly visible rule. Had I been alive at the time I wouldn't have taken up armed opposition against the (moral) reigning authorities. Please reread what I said; and in the exact way that I said it - OK.

....... I'm a Christian. I'm under Christ's command to obey all (moral) civil authority. I may not like it; but a general government order to disarm is something that I'd have to obey. (Because, agreeable or not, all civil authority is granted by God.) I'd suggest that other people should obey the general law-of-the-land, too. The hard truth is that any resort to the use of small arms and an, 'us against them' mentality simply isn't going to work. You might as well try hunting elephants with a slingshot. ;)
If you're, truly, a Christian then you do what Judeo-Christian Scripture says to do; and you behave as Judeo-Christian Scripture tells you to behave. There's no, 'middle ground'; you have to take your, 'conscious mind' out of the equation. Nobody said that it was going to be easy; nobody said that all men, everywhere, were going to believe. You either do what The Christ tells you to do; or you do not. One of the most important things Holy Scripture tells us to do is to obey ALL moral civil authority. Hitler was NOT moral civil authority - Understand? When they arrive neither are the antichrist or the false prophet going to be moral civil authorities.

A principal difference between the way that you think, and the way that I think is the reality that you choose to place most of your faith in yourself and your guns. Now, in spite of the fact that my conscious mind also tends to go in, 'the other direction, I deliberately choose to put my faith in God rather than in my: remarkable hand speed, ambidexterity, proprioceptive reflexes, or longstanding (and extraordinary) ability to hit distant targets with small high speed lead balls.

I assure you: I am, at least, as well armed as anybody else on this board; and, I'm going to, also, remind you that, 'The horse is prepared for the day of battle: but safety is of The Lord.' (Proverbs 21:31) I'm, also, an old man; I've led an often troubled and occasionally dangerous life. There is not the slightest doubt in my mind that I'd have died many years ago, and more than once too, if it weren't for The Lord's direct intervention. I've finally come to understand that, 'Every man passes as The Lord allows, and not a moment before.' Here's one final reminder for you:

'O' Lord, I know that the way of a man is not in himself: It is not for the man that is walking, even, to direct his own steps.' - Jeremiah 10:23

As I said: There's no, 'middle ground'. You, either, believe or you don't. I believe. :wavey:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
If you're, truly, a Christian then you do what Judeo-Christian Scripture says to do; and you behave as Judeo-Christian Scripture tells you to behave. There's no, 'middle ground'; you have to take your, 'conscious mind' out of the equation. Nobody said that it was going to be easy; nobody said that all men, everywhere, were going to believe. You either do what The Christ tells you to do; or you do not. One of the most important things Holy Scripture tells us to do is to obey ALL moral civil authority. Hitler was NOT moral civil authority - Understand? When they arrive neither are the antichrist or the false prophet going to be moral civil authorities.
I'm in no way trying to attack your faith or what you believe in when I say this, but who are you to decide what is moral civil authority and what is not? You said that Hitler was not a moral civil authority, but you also said that you would not have taken up arms against the British. Im my mind they were almost as unmoral as Hitler, minus the genocide of the Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, etc. If you take away the genocide, Hitler wanted the same thing as the British, to control as much land/territory as possible. Of course it's not as simple as I just put it, but hopefully you can understand my point. So how is someone supposed to distinguish between what is Moral Civil Authority and was is not?

And back to the original topic, does anyone know where you can buy mags with relatively low shipping costs? Currently I only have 4 mags for my glock and 0 for my AR15 build. I would ideally like to have AT LEAST 10 mags each for both guns.

·
Who?
7,958 Posts
I'm in no way trying to attack your faith or what you believe in when I say this, but who are you to decide what is moral civil authority and what is not? You said that Hitler was not a moral civil authority, but you also said that you would not have taken up arms against the British. Im my mind they were almost as unmoral as Hitler, minus the genocide of the Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, etc. If you take away the genocide, Hitler wanted the same thing as the British, to control as much land/territory as possible. Of course it's not as simple as I just put it, but hopefully you can understand my point. So how is someone supposed to distinguish between what is Moral Civil Authority and was is not?

And back to the original topic, does anyone know where you can buy mags with relatively low shipping costs? Currently I only have 4 mags for my glock and 0 for my AR15 build. I would ideally like to have AT LEAST 10 mags each for both guns.
Local sources would be my first suggestion. Especially if you're buying quite a few at a time, it's easy to get a deal.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Local sources would be my first suggestion. Especially if you're buying quite a few at a time, it's easy to get a deal.
Ill search around, the two LGS that I usually use are outrageous on Glock Mags, but Gunsplus usually has 30 round USGI Ar mags for $7 a piece since all of the GI's come there to sell/trade stuff. So ill probably stick to them for the AR mags.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a butt-ton of mags because I got brand new C-prods for $5 a pop shipped with anti-tilt followers. I didn't think I'd ever be able to beat that. (I doubt I could, though the $15 P-Mags, wow!).

I also like having enough to fill my LBV to full capacity. If I top everything off I'm a walking ammo-locker. My girlfriend is tiny, so I would carry some of her ammo if S ever HTF.

I really didn't see any place better to put my money at the time.

·
Got Glock?
13,775 Posts
How does a thread about buying some AR mags result in referencing Hitler?

They are just mags. If you have a firearm that uses them it is wise to buy them when you can and definitely if quality ones are on sale. Like others have posted magazines are a non-durable component that wears out. Just because you have 10 mags today does not mean in 10 years you will still have 10 operational magazines.

I'm not going to say how many mags I have but I have plenty and time has shown us that magazines are a hot commodity for legislation.

:wavey:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, but what is anti-tilt? Ive been looking at some magazines and some have the anti tilt and some do not

·
Who?
7,958 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, but what is anti-tilt? Ive been looking at some magazines and some have the anti tilt and some do not
Magazine carriers have a habit of tilting, which can induce all kinds of feeding issues. Newer magazine followers have longer legs to prevent this tilting, thereby eliminating most magazine-induced feed issues.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Magazine carriers have a habit of tilting, which can induce all kinds of feeding issues. Newer magazine followers have longer legs to prevent this tilting, thereby eliminating most magazine-induced feed issues.
Thanks, I should have inferred what they meant :rofl:

I've seen some people here and loads of people over on other fourms talk about the C-product mags. Are they any good?

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Opinions vary on C-Products quality. The couple that I have are good. However, I have read several complaints about their products and customer service. Now, all I buy is P Mags.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
I bought a butt-ton of mags because I got brand new C-prods for $5 a pop shipped with anti-tilt followers. I didn't think I'd ever be able to beat that. (I doubt I could, though the $15 P-Mags, wow!).

I also like having enough to fill my LBV to full capacity. If I top everything off I'm a walking ammo-locker. My girlfriend is tiny, so I would carry some of her ammo if S ever HTF.

I really didn't see any place better to put my money at the time.
$5 a pop and I would gotten at least 30 myself, maybe more :)

·
NRA & SAF mbr
2,981 Posts
I've got anywhere from 6 - 12 magazines for each type of gun (rifle or handgun)... so far.

I will admit buying 4 mags for a rifle I don't own, yet: 50-rounders for an FNH PS90.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.