GlockTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Guys we don't have a problem over here. Head over to ar15.com to see guys with an addiction, there are guys that have over 1000 mags for their AR-15s. I really need to stock up on my pistol mags though, but the darn S&W M&P mags are expensive. $34/each hurts if you want to buy 10 of them. I need to stop buying new pistols because it costs a small fortune to buy the mags for them afterwards.
That's the rule rather than the exception unfortunately. I'm always bargain hunting for my Sig, Kahr etc. You'll find big box stores pricing Glock mags close to that as well. Fortunately there are plenty of options including a big used and LEO turn in bargain market. That market and decent prices on Pmags sort of balance out the equation. I've also had great performance from military (style) metal mags in my AR and AK - big potential savings there but they look best in a vintage gun IMHO. Looks are lower on the list than function however!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks! I found a place online selling them for a low price but have never heard of this company:

http://www.slimstacticalguns.com/Ma...-30Rd-Black-AR-Rifles-MAG211-BLK_p_25785.html

Just under $14 a mag with shipping to my door.

Anyone have any experience ordering from this site?
I didnt see anyone reply to this yet, but Slim's is good to go. I placed two orders through them on separate occasions and received my mags very quickly both times. No problems at all so fear not if you decide to order from them.

They had the cheapest price that I could find on PMags when I ordered them, but I see others in this thread have posted links to better deals. Damn!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Over 1000! Any pictures? :wow:
Go over to ar15.com. There are a couple of sticky threads on mag collections. There are a lot of guys over there that have more invested in mags than they do rifles.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Guys we don't have a problem over here. Head over to ar15.com to see guys with an addiction, there are guys that have over 1000 mags for their AR-15s. I really need to stock up on my pistol mags though, but the darn S&W M&P mags are expensive. $34/each hurts if you want to buy 10 of them. I need to stop buying new pistols because it costs a small fortune to buy the mags for them afterwards.
Try "stocking" up on HK P7M13, or even M8 mags sometime, if you really want to feel the burn.:crying:

I understand the trying not to buy new guns/in new cals thing. A while back a friend of mine came to me w/ a deal he came across. Great deal on the guns, SW MP 357Sig w/ Trij NS NIB. Then I quickly added up the "real" cost to me. IWB holster, 10 extra mags, 1000 FMJs and 500 premium JHPs. I had to pass.

My "worst" mag issue was when I bought about 150 mags for I gun I didn't own, still don't BTW:faint:.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
LOL. Care to elaborate?
When the Germans sold their remaining stock of HK91/G3 mags to the surplus market, the price fell through the floor. I remember HK91 mags going for $100(NIB) during the "ban-years", so when the price went to sub $5 each from CTD, then to about $100/50 from TAPCO IIRC in VG condition I stocked up. They mostly just had storage wear and were date marked in the 60's.

You'll also find FAL, CETME, M1 carbine, and G20 mags in my bins-o-mags. Probably have others that I can't remember buying, who knows.:whistling:

Try finding NIW original FAL and USGI M1 Carbine mags today, good luck. Someday I get around to buying a DSA FAL and find that good deal on a M1 Carbine. I am working on a friend of mine who has 6 to let one of his shooters come to a good home. He said he would sell me one, if he runs across an upgrade to his collection.

·
Who?
7,958 Posts
Try "stocking" up on HK P7M13, or even M8 mags sometime, if you really want to feel the burn.:crying:

I understand the trying not to buy new guns/in new cals thing. A while back a friend of mine came to me w/ a deal he came across. Great deal on the guns, SW MP 357Sig w/ Trij NS NIB. Then I quickly added up the "real" cost to me. IWB holster, 10 extra mags, 1000 FMJs and 500 premium JHPs. I had to pass.

My "worst" mag issue was when I bought about 150 mags for I gun I didn't own, still don't BTW:faint:.
Same deal with standard P7 mags. I was amazed when I scored one brand new for 25. They sell used online for over 50 each.

Sent from the USS Sulaco, while nuking the site from orbit.

·
Banned
6,920 Posts
:tinfoil: Kind 'a goofy! Whatever happened to, 'battlefield pickups'? I've got eight AR magazines. That's more than enough for whatever I might have to do. (You and I should, both, live long enough to insert that eighth magazine!) Do you realize what it costs to load up eight 30 round magazines with quality M855 ball ammo? How about, between, $150 and $175 dollars!

Neither do you want to keep those magazines fully loaded all of the time. I always load-down a stored magazine by, at least, 2 rounds. I mean, man, if you can't accomplish what you set out to do with 25+ rounds then a gun ain't for you. Does anyone honestly believe that several dozen fully loaded AR or AK magazines is going to do anything to protect his civil or constitutional rights? I don't!

I'm a Christian. I'm under Christ's command to obey all (moral) civil authority. I may not like it; but a general government order to disarm is something that I'd have to obey. (Because, agreeable or not, all civil authority is granted by God.) I'd suggest that other people should obey the general law-of-the-land, too. The hard truth is that any resort to the use of small arms and an, 'us against them' mentality simply isn't going to work. You might as well try hunting elephants with a slingshot. ;)

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
:tinfoil: Kind 'a goofy! Whatever happened to, 'battlefield pickups'? I've got eight AR magazines. That's more than enough for whatever I might have to do. (You and I should, both, live long enough to insert that eighth magazine!) Do you realize what it costs to load up eight 30 round magazines with quality M855 ball ammo? How about, between, $150 and $175 dollars!

Neither do you want to keep those magazines fully loaded all of the time. I always load-down a stored magazine by, at least, 2 rounds. I mean, man, if you can't accomplish what you set out to do with 25+ rounds then a gun ain't for you. Does anyone honestly believe that several dozen fully loaded AR or AK magazines is going to do anything to protect their civil or constitutional rights? I don't!

I'm a Christian. I'm under Christ's command to obey all (moral) civil authority. I may not like it; but a general government order to disarm is something that I'd have to obey. (Because, agreeable or not, all civil authority is granted by God.) I'd suggest that other people should obey the general law-of-the-land, too. The hard truth is that any resort to the use of small arms and an, 'us against them' mentality simply isn't going to work. You might as well try hunting elephants with a slingshot. ;)
Oh goodness I predict some flaming to occur soon :rofl:

I have too many AR mags compared to what I really need:rofl: but I think that at $10-$11 a piece right now it is clear they are never going to be cheaper than they are today.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks! I found a place online selling them for a low price but have never heard of this company:

http://www.slimstacticalguns.com/Ma...-30Rd-Black-AR-Rifles-MAG211-BLK_p_25785.html

Just under $14 a mag with shipping to my door.

Anyone have any experience ordering from this site?

Posted from my iPhone
I ordered 10 PMags through Slims, 5 mags on two separate occasions. Arrived 3 days later both times, no problems whatsoever. They are good to go if you are debating ordering from them.

Looks like other retailers offer pmags cheaper, but I didn't find that out until after the fact. Oh well.

·
Banned
6,920 Posts
Ya think? :supergrin:

(Then again, the sanity might prove contagious.) ;)

·
Registered
3,038 Posts

Neither do you want to keep those magazines fully loaded all of the time. I always load-down a stored magazine by, at least, 2 rounds. I mean, man, if you can't accomplish what you set out to do with 25+ rounds then a gun ain't for you. Does anyone honestly believe that several dozen fully loaded AR or AK magazines is going to do anything to protect their civil or constitutional rights? I don't!

I'm a Christian too. Not all civil authority is granted by God. That would mean that Hitler's regime would have be instilled by God. Also under your ideology, we would still be under British rule.

·
Registered
457 Posts
It costs me $82 to fill 8 30 rd mags with NATO M855. After you failed that fact check I disregarded everything else you said as inaccurate also.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.