Buy Anything At Nat'l Guard Armory?

Discussion in 'Indiana Glockers' started by bradp, Jul 7, 2007.

1. bradp

bradp

Did anyone else go to the Gun Show at the National Guard Armory off of Holt Rd in Indy? I didn't buy anything, but it seemed like a decent show. I haven't been to that show for about 4 years, and was a nice show. I did see the new KelTec mini 9mm, not much bigger than my P3AT.

2. GSquared

GSquared

Going tomorrow, looking for .45 ACP ammo and AR-15 forearm rails, any good deals?

3. bradp

bradp

There was one table in the middle with decent ammo prices.

4. GSquared

GSquared

Didn't see a good deal on 45 ACP 230 grain ball. The .223 Radway was $390/900, also a little high.

I did buy an adapter to put a rail on my AR forearm, so I didn't have to buy a new forearm. $18 instead of ~$80. Bonus!

My buddy found some "Factory Reload" .223 for $0.20 per round and bought 200 rounds, I was leary as it was packaged in ziplock bags. Hopefully no Kaboom!!

Hope everyone else had a good time!!!

5. Scutter01

Scutter01

I went down there on Sunday and then turned around when I saw the "no personal firearms" sign on the gate. Then it occurred to me that it must be on federal property. Now I'm confused. Why/how can they have a gun show on federal property? How could you legally bring a firearm home that you've purchased at the show? Unless my basic assumption that the National Guard armory is federal is incorrect? Or I had the wrong gate...

6. paddling_man

paddling_man

I'm not sure about the sign, but they just had me unload the CCW and cable tie thru the cylinder. That seems pretty typical for gun shows where I'm from.

I started to buy a $275 euro import Sig (butt plate mag release) from a patron but there was no atm on site. I was going to leave and get cash but bought a cheeseburger instead. Tanfoglio 9mm, looked new unused - supposed to have come from an estate collection. Either $275 or $300 if I recall correctly. Also, $375 Rock Island 1911s but I've heard conflicting reports of quality so I abstained.

I keep on the lookout for an old stainless Speed Six or a bargain Redhawk 5.5 but keep being rejected. Indiana seems like S&W country if the gun shows are any indication.

7. Prometheus77

Prometheus77 GOA - RWVA

Was that at J&M? If so I bought identical stuff (bullets were red tipped, but not tracers) and in 100 round freezer bags.

I only shot one mag of it, but it was good stuff, decent accuracy too. I bought 500 from him at around 20 cents a round and I sort of wish I'd bought the last 500 he had.

This was back about 2-3 months ago at the crown point show. I know these guys are from down south, so it migth be the same pair of guys. Fairly big tables and decent prices.