Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a g42 used and love it. I now take it with me everywhere. It’s the perfect size and weight and very easy to carry iwb and moderately easy to pocket. It shoots great and very easy to control. The g43 doesn’t look much bigger and I would get a much more powerful round. Then when I start looking around the hellcat and p365 are smaller and have better capacity. Also I already have a shield, but my wife likes it and if it will get her into shooting I’ll gladly give it to her! So I’m at a wall with which subcompact 9mm to buy, or even if to buy one. I do really love the g42, but also would like a 9 too. Thanks all.

·
Supports Our Flag
4,143 Posts
The size of the 42/43 may seem close on paper, but when you compare them SxS you see the overall footprint of the 43 is considerably larger.

And for most folks, the 43 is too large to work as a true pocket pistol. It’ll go in the pocket OK, it’s the coming that becomes the issue.

If you’re going to the belt, the 43/365/Hellcat are all good options. But of the three, I’d choose the 43 every time.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
The 43 is a great gun, I have one and will never part with it.

I carry a P365 though. It’s hard to beat the 4 round advantage and 15rd OEM backup mag.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The size of the 42/43 may seem close on paper, but when you compare them SxS you see the overall footprint of the 43 is considerably larger.

And for most folks, the 43 is too large to work as a true pocket pistol. It’ll go in the pocket OK, it’s the coming that becomes the issue.

If you’re going to the belt, the 43/365/Hellcat are all good options. But of the three, I’d choose the 43 every time.
What makes the 43 better to you? I really want to like the 43 better, but having a hard time not taking a closer look at the other two.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The 43 is a great gun, I have one and will never part with it.

I carry a P365 though. It’s hard to beat the 4 round advantage and 15rd OEM backup mag.

I’ve shot the 43 and liked it. I’ve not shot the 365 but it’s hard not to get it over the 43 based on flush capacity and options of extended mags.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have a G43 and a P365 xl. They are close in size. The Sig is heavier but it holds twice the number of rounds in the magazine (that adds 2.4 ounces at .4 ounces per 9mm round). And the Sig is a little thicker. Try both. They are great choices.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Well I carried a P365 for a year. I sold it about 1.5-2 months ago to a buddy that kept asking to buy and one day I said yes. My main complaint was how short the grip was as my hands are fairly large. I could’ve got the 15 mag to make the grip longer but I like to switch up guns every so often and I had been really wanting to try out the CZ P10s.

The trigger of the P365 is a ton better than the Glock. I’d say the Sig also wins in build quality as well. Both guns are super reliable. Sigs sights are night sights. I never owned a Glock until the 43x that I purchased a few weeks after selling my Sig. I couldn’t be happier with my purchase. That said if the gun shop had a 43 instead of the 43x I wouldn’t have purchased it. I know many on here are fine with only 6 Round mag in the 43 but I’m not. After carrying the P365 for a year I don’t think there is anyway I would’ve bought the 43 as it doesn’t measure up. I don’t find it to have a good grip angle and it’s too short. Sure there is a +4 mag extension but then you are in 43x territory. Now I consider the 43x the best all around gun I’ve ever carried. I don’t find the grip angle awkward like many Glocks and It holds 15+1. I know some say I don’t care about capacity but no one has ever said they have found a way to fit too much ammo in this gun. I’m not saying the 43 is a bad gun at all. It’s actually great but for me it comes up short against the P365.

I’ll say this if you care about how they shoot the Sig wins. I would compare this as like looking at a Lexus vs Toyota. Both are great but one just seems to do everything just a little bit better. It’s a little more refined. Now even though i feel the Sig is more refined than the 43x too the 43x is a better edc choice for me.

As far as the Hellcat that’s a hard pass for me. I’m sure the gun is great but I don’t think it’s better than the Sig and I don’t like Springfield as a company and wouldn’t give them a dime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
My Glock fanboy side of me wants to say," Get the G43. It's a Glock. Can't go wrong with a Glock. Perfection."
Now that I've expressed that, here's what I really think - see you if can try out the G43, the Hellcat, and the P365 and see which one is right for you. If it's going to be your conceal carry, the gun you choose has to fit your needs despite what recommendation I give.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My Glock fanboy side of me wants to say," Get the G43. It's a Glock. Can't go wrong with a Glock. Perfection."
Now that I've expressed that, here's what I really think - see you if can try out the G43, the Hellcat, and the P365 and see which one is right for you. If it's going to be your conceal carry, the gun you choose has to fit your needs despite what recommendation I give.
Ive got a little Glock fanboy in me too. That’s what keeps bringing me back to the 43. Or if I want more capacity the 26. Plus the 26 can take g19 and g17 mags too. But I do know the 26 is bigger and fatter than the other two. It will be primarily iwb with occasional pocket.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I have the 43 and I love it, it’s one of my favorite guns. That being said, between the 43, 365, Shield, or HC I don’t think there’s really a bad choice there. I’m a Glock guy, so I went with the Glock. I like the 43 for what it is. Even going to a gun store and a doing a quick handling of each will tell you what you want to know. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Definitely, I just got in from work, I’ll get em for you when I wake up. They will be in this thread
That’s awesome. Would you mind doing some more pictures of the size between them? Side by side?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts