Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a buttpad but do not know which one to get. It's a 4 position stock and has a loop on the top end of the butt stock. I'm guessing it might interfere with the fit of the more commonly sold 6 position stock without the loop. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
38,473 Posts
Do you really need a recoil pad on a 5.56?

I have shot hundreds of rounds a day through my AR and never needed a buttpad. 12 gauge is a totally different story.

·
Registered
9,058 Posts
I put a slip-on buttpad on my AR simply to give me more length. I've got long arms. Mine slid right on, but it's a 6-position stock. Don't know the loop you're talking about.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its for my FN TPS 12 guage. The loop I'm refering to is for a sling strap thats on the rear of the stock. Like the A-2 collapsible stock.

·
38,473 Posts
The buttstock looks like this, I have one 4 position with the top sling loop and a 6 position without. I wonder if they are all like that?

·
NRA ENDOWMENT
6,545 Posts
Do you really need a recoil pad on a 5.56?

I have shot hundreds of rounds a day through my AR and never needed a buttpad. 12 gauge is a totally different story.
Rubber recoil pads are essential if you wear an external nylon vest carrier like most officers and Troopers do in Alaska. The plastic slips on the nylon. Rubber is better.
Pat

·
NRA ENDOWMENT
6,545 Posts
True... thankfully nobody down here except Fullerton wears external carriers.
I like them. They get a lot of weight off your belt which reduces back problems. And you can take them off when your in the office to cool down. Good luck with that on a standard internal vest. They are very popular up here. The two places that make them have 6 month waiting lists to get them.
Pat

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lawman, that is the type of stock i'm talking about. what brand of buttpad is that and where did you get it?

·
5,273 Posts
I guess I could try and get the Mrs to take a pic of it tomarrow.

But all you will see is a Vltor stock, a black pad ( just like the picture above), and a black zip tie wrapped around.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts