GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find this answer with a search.

I'm thinking about rigging out an older reliable 870 Wingmaster with a short barrel and a Butler Creek folding stock. Are the new Butler Creek folders worth 50 cents of Chinese rice?

I apologize if this insults anybody. However I had a good, old, stainless, Butler Creek stock like this on a Ruger rifle. It was a little loose, not really too big of a deal, just not tight. I've heard that the new ones were much less quality. I figure on a shotgun the tightness is less of an issue than with a rifle, especially for the intended purpose.

Any thoughts? A different folder, just not breaking the bank?

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
546 Posts
I can't find this answer with a search.

I'm thinking about rigging out an older reliable 870 Wingmaster with a short barrel and a Butler Creek folding stock. Are the new Butler Creek folders worth 50 cents of Chinese rice?

I apologize if this insults anybody. However I had a good, old, stainless, Butler Creek stock like this on a Ruger rifle. It was a little loose, not really too big of a deal, just not tight. I've heard that the new ones were much less quality. I figure on a shotgun the tightness is less of an issue than with a rifle, especially for the intended purpose.

Any thoughts? A different folder, just not breaking the bank?

Thanks in advance!!
I had one on my 870. If it was a shorter stock, I'd still have it on. I'm a large man but, like shorter stocks for defensive situation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just put a new Remington brand folder on my 870. Got it from MGW. Price was fair, but it's definitely a quality folder. Functions while folded and the locked position is tight, without being a nightmare to fold. Well worth a look if you want a good folder. Comes with the matching forend as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts