close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Busted for search like "wts G17" "wts glock 17" Help!

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by shovel99, Jul 22, 2006.

Tags:
  1. shovel99

shovel99

Can anyone help me break the code on why a search for "wts g17" gets busted? I come right off a listing "wts g17" or "wts glock 17"... and input that just to attempt to break the code... and I still get error message for too long, too short, too many words or some such.

How in the hell do you search for guns for sale if you cannot search for what the seller titles the post? Then I get spanked for entering too many searches (after all the logical ones get busted and I get spanked) per thirty second intevals.

Any help would be much appreciated.

It's been a few months since I was here and forget.

:frown:

Thanks.
    shovel

2. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Unreconstructed

"Catch-22 states that agents enforcing Catch-22 need not prove that Catch-22 actually contains whatever provision the accused violator is accused of violating. Catch-22 doesn't actually exist, but because the powers that be claim it does and the world believes that it does, it nevertheless has potent effects. Indeed, because it doesn't really exist there is no way it can be repealed, undone, overthrown, or denounced."

I also run into trouble performing searches . . . especially for states (which, of course, have 2-letter abbreviations, and therefore are not allowable searches) but it makes little difference because posters refuse to comply with the sticky that says to include your state in the subject line anyway.

PS: Your thread---not being a firearm for sale---will likely get moved.

3. shovel99

shovel99

... looking on this website every five minutes for the deals!!! I forgot.... to..... follow the money! Still a great website, just rather annoying. They need to lablel the Search button "DONT SEARCH".... OR "CAN'T SEARCH". :frown:

4. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Unreconstructed

Just search the Firearms Listing section for "G17" (without the quotes).

If you limit your search to the Firearms Listing you don't need to include the "WTS" in your search. The combination WTS and G17 is Not Found.

A "G17" search of the Firearms Listing forum will only give you about 4 results.

I suspect that there are other model 17's listed but there is not way to search for them (e.g., by searching for "17*" or "17 " to make it a 3 character search.

Likewise, you cannot search for "CZ".

5. shovel99

shovel99

Thanks NRA, that was just a bit too simple! Now on to listing my G17... one too many 9mm's (G19 must stay).... but must try an XD in 45 ACP! shovel

6. neeko

neeko

7. andrewwl

andrewwl mindblown