Business with a Covid employee

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by racer11, Jul 11, 2020.

1. racer11

racer11

My daughter called me tonight and her hubby works on the dock for a large trucking company. Seems like the cat got out of the bag and a employee tested positive and this person is unknown but has had contact with all dock employees in some fashion. The management seems to be not willing to close the dock and test the other employees. In addition the management has known about the infected employee for a unknown length of time. Closing this dock would cost this company lots and lots of money to say the least so there no surprise the management acting this way. In addition my daughter is exposed to her husband and she has been in my house yesterday exposing me and I have exposed myself to my clients,,,on and on it goes.

My question is,,,, Is this company mandated to close ? and what happens from this point.

2. Supercharged SS

Supercharged SS

W

We were told that all we needed to do is tell the exposed employees about the exposure and for them to self monitor. No one ever got sick.

3. NMG26

NMG26

Easier to ask forgiveness than to ask for permission.

I'm thinking most employers keep it under wraps

No real liability has come from this sort of thing

Remember those two hair dressers who supposedly had contact with hundreds of people.......nobody ended up testing positive

People are starting to think it's all bs

4. Dave514

Dave514

Their local health department would know the rules on closure.

Not testing others strikes me as the problem.

5. racerford

racerford

They don’t talk about it in some part due to HIPPA regulations.

flyover and Lockback like this.
  6. lazarus66

lazarus66

We have a couple guys sick with it. The company hasn't said ****. A lot of our people are related one way or the other, news travels fast.

7. Jon_R

Jon_R

People concerned go get tested? Outside of shutting down the business what else do you want them to do? If shutting down the business for what exactly? Cleaning a loading dock? From my reading virus on surfaces aren’t a thing after three days so if it has been over three days all is good in that regard anyways.

My wife works in a hospital and their protocol if an employee tests positive is the other employees only test and isolate if they had recent close contact for at least 20 minutes with that person and neither employee was wearing a mask. Add a mask on either or less than 20 minutes and it means nothing and get back to work.

8. I am Groot!

I am Groot!

No mention of voluntary or requiring of wearing mask or antibacterial hand soap but they do help. I hope you take precautions and I hope you don't get infected.

9. Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

The OP didn't mention it, but is this person still coming to work every day? Is that why it is unknown who the person is? Where I work they don't announce to the whole company that someone is infected but it is pretty obvious when someone just disappears for a few weeks.