Business review help

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Glock!9, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Glock!9

Glock!9

edited to add that I appreciate the feedback from mature members here and in my attempt to deal with a broken system, I had a lapse in judgment and essentially stooped to the same level of those that pay for fake reviews.
    Thank you for the lesson learned

Of course, only if you are comfortable with it.
    I have founded and run a small IT managed services provided company since 2010.
    It's pretty easy to find my info, unfortunately but I figured I would request that anyone comfortable with giving me a Facebook and or Google review.
    We are a small company that managed the technology for small to medium businesses in the greater Philadelphia PA area.
    I have been in tech since 1995 and specializing in Cyber security and HIPAA compliance for years.
    I would very much appreciate any positive feedback/reviews

I have been a member here since October 2001.

Thank you very much for your help, in nearly 10 years, I have never lost a client and only had one bad review that was fake.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  2. jimcorbin

jimcorbin

I will only give you a review if you hire @Von Hayes

3. Tackle

Tackle

Only had 1 bad fake review? So the rest of the fakes were good? Like you're asking a bunch of randoms? If you want good fake reviews at least offer us a free trial or incentive. That's how it works on Amazon.

4. sciolist

sciolist On the Border

And seriously get down with your bad self, yo!

jimcorbin likes this.
  5. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Just being honest. This does not impress me. If I were looking to hire someone. If I found out this I would remove you from consideration.

light-switch, OGW, Glock!9 and 2 others like this.
  6. -JCN-

-JCN-

Just so I’m clear, you’re asking people who have never used your professional services to review your professional services?!

Do we get extra points if our reviews don’t sound like English is our primary language?

7. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

I don’t understand your request. What kind of review? How can anyone give you a review without having received your services?

Joshhtn and jimcorbin like this.
  8. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Gold Member

I mean, I'm all for small business and I get that you want reviews, but this is not the way. This is the complete wrong way.

As I'm sitting here trying to choose my words correctly and trying to decide if I'm going to get angry or not, I've decided to just go ahead...

How in the world do you see this as ok?? It pisses me off to no end when I read obviously fake reviews left for a company by the owner's friends and family (you can usually tell). Why not get your butt off the couch and do work? Earn those reviews like the other small business owners do. Don't lower yourself to the standards of fly-by-night Chinese companies selling on amazon that pay for reviews. Hell, you're technically lowering yourself below them because you're not even willing to pay for the reviews!! You just want them for free!

I hate to sound like my mother, but shame on you, dude. I'm hoping this was just a lapse in judgment on your part...

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    Ross-in-Pa, OGW and jimcorbin like this.
  9. Flying-Dutchman

Flying-Dutchman

Is this one of those threads that was started while under the influence?

Do you really want to put the reputation of your business in the hands of the GT motley crew?

How much of an effect do positive reviews have anyway. It is the negative reviews I look for and even then they must be varied and have a ring of truth to them. Contractors come to mind. Some really bad ones deserve the many negative reviews.

Fake reviews both positive and negative are fairly easy to spot.

10. R*E

R*E

We might be Deplorables, but we have standards. I’m proud of my fellow Deplorables. :drink:

Ross-in-Pa, Glock!9 and larry_minn like this.
  11. Lithium

Lithium

It’s tough getting your customers to leave reviews on review sites.

I’d suggest adding a “review page” to your own website and just post positive comments your customers have said about you.

This way your customers don’t have to do extra to help you and you are just reporting their compliments.

My business I get customers that send me thank you cards by snail mail...we put what customers say on their cards up on our webpage.

Glock!9 likes this.
  12. mmcbeat

mmcbeat

This is exactly the reason I don’t put as much stock in reviews as I used to.

OGW, jimcorbin and Joshhtn like this.
  13. Glock!9

Glock!9

I get your point completely, it was brutal when I found out I had a bad review on google, it was some guy just trying to build up his amount of reviews with google for status.
    Sucked because I never worked with him nor did I know him.
    As someone else said, it is oddly hard to get people who love your services to review your company online. This isn’t a me problem, I have had a few clients give me great reviews and outside of that one fake review, I have never had a bad review in my career. I have been in business for 10 years now and have to compete with people that actually buy fake reviews.
    So to mower your question, maybe this was. Lapse in judgment, it was my only one in this are, of so.
    In 10 years, I have never lost a client, I m proud of the business I built but unfortunately, it’s hard to find new clients, the system sucks, the online marketing companies are almost all scams. I have actually grown entirely by reputation with the exception of two clients, both of them called me after a google search, asked on my good reviews. This of course was after I saw the fake one, disputed it with google and never got a reply.

maybe you are right, I could have handLe this all wrong but it’s so frustrating, trying to do things the right an honest way when everyone is out there cheating.

thanks for the feed back and advice.

Joshhtn likes this.
  14. Glock!9

Glock!9

I feel that way too but not based on my post, based on the fact that there are people paid to review businesses online google and Facebook. It’s sucks and maybe I’m wrong for lowering my standard.

Joshhtn likes this.
  15. Glock!9

Glock!9

I appreciate the honest feedback and you are right.

Joshhtn likes this.
  16. Glock!9

Glock!9

I have made a mistake and lapse in judgement, rather than delete the thread, I want you to all know that I appreciate your feedback and honesty. I should not stoop to the level of most of my competitors.

thank you and I will learn from this.

Joshhtn likes this.
  17. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Gold Member

Who the hell do you think you are?? You come in here, have a lapse in judgment (we've all been there), and proceed to admit you were wrong and apologize??

This is Glocktalk! We don't admit our mistakes, we double down!! Get with the program!

Honestly, though, good on ya. :cheers:

Glock!9 and Syclone0538 like this.
  18. Adjuster

Adjuster

I would send an email to every past and current client with links to the review sites you are concerned about. Keep it simple. Ask if they think your service met or exceeded expectations would they please leave a review.

/

Glock!9 likes this.
  19. Glock!9

Glock!9

My bad, I’ll double down on my next mistake, promise.

for now though, I always try to learn and improve as much as I can.

Joshhtn likes this.