Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
INFRINGED
42,213 Posts
Against my advise by Dad bought a Carbon 15 last year. It looks like junk, feels like junk, but we ran 2K rounds through it without a problem. I would never buy one though.

I'd say go Colt..... Rather go anything but a C15.

·
Monkeyboy
6,286 Posts
I'd probably buy a Vulcan/Hesse/Blackthorne, before I buy a Carbon-15. Holy crap, did I just type that?:faint:

:rofl:

·
Registered
111 Posts
go to m4carbine.net. there is a thread posted recently about a carbon 15 that was taken out of the box at a LGS and the receiver was broken in half directly from the factory.

·
Huge Member
11,689 Posts
Carbon 15 would not be a choice I would consider, but then again I think you can get a good rifle without having pay for the Colt name (and yeah I have a couple Colts). So the answer is neither.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Keep checking PSA. They are a good company that sells a good rifle. Good barrels, good BCGs they have a sale regularly that for 1K you get an awesome rifle and an Aimpoint PRO. That is a deal that cannot be beat anywhere.

·
Diesel Girl
8,983 Posts
I don't mind the Bushmaster 20" guns but the carbines leave a little to be desired. Especially when you look at how close the price point is on some of them to Colt. One has to wonder why anyone would by the Bushmaster when for in most cases $150 more gets you the Colt!

Bushmaster AR's aren't as bad as many make them out to be but, I'd still take the Colt if given a choice. I own only one Bushmaster now. It's a 20" A3 HBAR. It's accurate and I've shot the snot out of it with no issues.

As Mr. Murphy pointed out in another thread a while ago, Bushmaster isn't terrible but they have a higher failure rate than Colt. If you do go with a Bushmaster, you may get one that works (most cases) or one that doesn't or isn't put together right. (Sometimes.)

All the ones I've had though the years ran 100% although a few of them needed a little attention to stay that way. I think Bushy could do a few things better but they still aren't a bad rifle. The thing that really gets me is they aren't worth the $1,200+ is see them selling for more often than not.

Maybe $800-$870 range but not $1,000+!:wow:

·
Diesel Girl
8,983 Posts
I'll add one more thing. I look at Colt as a gun I can take out of the box and trust my life to.

I'd trust my life to a Bushmaster but only after getting it really hot and after proving itself through several thousand rounds and a few carbine classes.

Colt- Proven to work more often than not.

Bushmaster- Proven to have more problems than Colt, but can work if you want to work on it.

:whistling:

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Don't listen to the guys that bash Colt. They've probably never even seen a 6920 malfunction.
It's in style to bash Colt (and Glock) and defend whatever brand they spent their money on.
Buy a Colt 6920.
Lots of good mags and ammo.
Light in a IWC mount, there's no need to replace the forearm.
Find a good class, practice a lot. Learn how to run the gun.
Aimpoint micro, LaRue mount, when you have the money.
There is very little chance you'll regret the decision.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Colts QA has gone to crap I am afraid to say, at the place I work, we had to send back 3 of 3 of the 2013 6920 ODG...

I would say Stag is price for quality the best on the mkt right now..I would take a Stag Model 3 over a DD M4V5 anyday..$800 vs $1500

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I use a Colt M4 Carbine(yes 3 round burst) at work and overseas. It is an excellent carbine for the military and would serve civilian purposes(LE6920) in spades.

My personally owned Bushmaster has worked perfect and more accurate than I am. No complaints about it. I just wouldn't consider the carbon model for durability's sake.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Diesel Girl
8,983 Posts
Colts QA has gone to crap I am afraid to say, at the place I work, we had to send back 3 of 3 of the 2013 6920 ODG...

I would say Stag is price for quality the best on the mkt right now..I would take a Stag Model 3 over a DD M4V5 anyday..$800 vs $1500

Sorry but......

:upeyes::upeyes::upeyes::upeyes::upeyes:

The interwebs never fails to make me laugh.

·
Milspectacular
999 Posts
I would pass on the Carbon 15... and Gander Mountain for that matter. The Colt is better than most out there, but isn't the end all be all.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.