Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I posted on here a while ago about buying my first AR and after a while of comparing a few brands I am leaning towards the colt 6920.

Then I saw this bushmaster with some of the same specs such as a 16in chrome lined barrel, lightweight, adj stock and it even comes w a red dot.

You guys know if bushmaster lines up with colt as far as quality? should I just spend the $1k for the colt?

http://www.gandermountain.com/modpe...le-Package&i=GM442164&aID=510E3C&merchID=4006

Thanks

·
NRA Life Member
13,470 Posts
Skip the Carbon 15. There are better choices for the money. Personally, I'd look elsewhere than Colt too... The Pony has no magic over me. I'd want a mid-length gas system for more forend space, longer sight radius and smoother cycling of the gun. I'd want to replace the trigger on the Colt--as most suck badly. I'd want to replace the grip and probably the fore-end with something like the Magpul. Depending on the buttstock I'd replace it with something like a Rogers Super Stock. By the time I get done turning the Colt into something I actually want to own I've got another $400 into it.

For $1,100 I can put together a better gun than Colt makes with all the components I want including a $200 Giessele trigger! YMMV

·
12,970 Posts
This isn't even a comparison. Get the Colt.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I agree with everyone else COLT! I have had both and Colt all the way. I had a old $600 Bushmaster that I sold for $1200 during the crazy times and bought a 6920 form the local WalMart for $1147 all Magpul FDE and could not be happier. It was a win-win for me, I am currently building a Spikes and will have $700-$1000 in it depending on upper I go with.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
I'm not even sure if this is a serious question. You're comparing a bottom of the barrel "hobby" rifle I wouldn't take if it was free against a Colt, the standard by which all other AR-15s are measured by??? Colt and this one doesn't even require any thought!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One of my uncles has a Bushmaster and loves it so I wanted to ask. Dont really know much of anything about AR's. At a glance it has a lot of the same stats so I needed to ask.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Absolutely get the Colt over the Bushmaster. You want that full M-16 Carpenter's Steel No. 158 bolt carrier group and the M4 feed ramps, which the Colt gives you.
Thanks for the info. This helps me determine why the colt is superior.

Also helps for what features to look for to make an educated decision on buying a rifle. Rather than paying $2k for a midgrade rifle that should be $1k.

Other reasons are welcomed

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.