close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Burger presses, ice cream makers....suggestions?

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by lwt210, Jul 26, 2004.

1. lwt210

lwt210

Wife was looking through a Wiliams Sonoma catalog and found a burger press for making uniform patties. She also has her heart set on a Cuisinart home ice cream maker.

They have a fifty dollar model and a two fifty model. Anyone using burger presses or either one of these ice cream makers chime in with your thoughts and gripes about these items.

And they gotta be found cheaper on the net somewhere. But before I look too hard I need to know if either are worth the time.

Thanks in advance.

2. SouthernGal

SouthernGal What's Up Dox?

Tupperware made a burger press back in the 70's and 80's. I still have my mom's.

Works pretty well, I like a large burger and this one is pretty big. I have had to use some "other" ingredients in order to make the patty stick together better though.

I believe your ice cream maker was on Oprah last week (it was either that or the Sorbet maker--don't know how different they are). Oprah seemed pretty impressed with it. Cuisinart makes pretty good stuff generally. I have their blender and love it.

3. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

I can't allow myself to look through the Williams-Sonoma catalog. I want it ALL! ;g :( ;f

Check Amazon.com. I have found pretty good prices on lots of things there ;)

Also check out any outlet mall kitchen shops close to you. I have saw those gizmos for $10 before.

One big advantage to Williams-Sonoma is the unconditional money-back guarantee. Just save the reciept and they will refund purchase price at any time.

4. lwt210

lwt210

Know what you mean. I took my catalog to work today (against my wife's wishes) and you should have seen me and my fellow cops hovering around it like a bunch of little girls.

We were digging the grilling sections and all of those goodies that they have.

For starters, I want the corn on the cob grill basket, the burger press, and she wants the ice cream maker.

5. Tennessee Slim

Tennessee Slim Señor Member CLM

I don’t care for burger presses. They compact the meat too much; bad for tenderness. And the patties aren’t especially uniform unless you press exactly the same amount of burger each time.