close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Burger King and Brewskies

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Dalton Wayne, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

[​IMG] Burger King and Brewskies
    Burger King of Beers
    By Brian Hamacher
    NBCMIAMI.com
    updated 2:45 p.m. ET, Fri., Jan. 22, 2010
    Fret not, Whopper lovers, you will soon have your beer and drink it too.

In some of the best news since they added onion rings to their menu, Miami-based Burger King has announced it plans on pairing its value meals with beer at a soon-to-open South Beach "Whopper Bar."

Opening in February, the South Beach Whopper Bar will sell the same bargain burgers and fries, paired with a Budweiser instead of soft drink, and more Whopper Bars could be coming to New York, Los Angeles and Las Vegas, according to USA Today.

The Whopper and a beer combos won't be available in regular Burger Kings, and they'll run you a bit more than one with a soda. The meal will be $7.99, two bucks more than the regular meal deal.

The beers will come in aluminum cans and will include Anheuser-Busch and Miller/Coors products.

It won't be the first time fast food nation ventures into the adult beverage business. Starbucks started selling brew at a shop in Seattle last year, and burrito chain Chipotle has offered cervezas for many years.

Whether burger-loving beer drinkers will flock to the King -- especially in South Beach -- is no given, but it's a chance the Home of the Whopper is willing to take to try and grab a different generation of consumers.

"The Burger King customer is aging, so they're just trying to grow up with the customer," Linda Lipsky, a restaurant consultant, told USA Today.

Internationally, you can get a beer at Burger Kings in Germany, Venezuela and Singapore. And though you can get a beer at a McDonalds in Paris, we're not sure about one in Burger King. We didn't go to Burger King.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35010655...news-miami_fl/

One more place to be weary of, I guess, if you carry concealed.

Regards
    DW

2. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

One more place to be weary of, I guess, if you carry concealed.

Why do you say that?

3. dan8402

dan8402

I remember getting beer at a Burger King in Spain back in 2001, so why not here?

4. skanless

skanless IPA ISLAND

Yea i heard this on the news. Dont know if its gonna be a good thing or bad. :dunno: Quick question for those who been to japan. Is it true in japan they have beer vending machines everywere?

5. LongGoneDays

LongGoneDays Misanthropical

People who feel the need to drink while eating have problems.
    Yes, I'm talking about you, person who does it all the time and all of your friends and your family and everyone on tv etc etc etc.