close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

bunny pics .

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by hangmans joke, Apr 2, 2006.

1. hangmans joke

hangmans joke

well i expected my first call fo the year to be before now .but got the call saturday from our local wildlife park .someone turned n 3 baby bunnies found abandoned after some brush clearing . hers a pic of them. they are doing really well and now are reydrated and soon to eat solid food then down the road will be released. eastern cottontails. and boy do they have personalities.

2. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

those are really cute!!

so they aren't afraid of human huh?????

3. hangmans joke

hangmans joke

no not really. im tryingto limit human contact thou .but as they get older they will become skittish. those improving the release. unfortunately while feeding you have to touch them . plus them being so cute you have to give a hug once in awhile lol.

they will be in a soft release when applicable.

4. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

I adore baby bunnies!

Of course, I am the nut at the farm supply place every year going ga-ga over the baby bunnies, witties (tell me you know what this is?) and duckies while the farmers laugh at me :supergrin:

5. Tampico

Tampico G37/G38

Cottontails nest in my wife's flower gardens every year.

They eat the perennials (and everything else), but we leave them alone. They even ate all my Jalapeno's last year!

I'm not so sure these guys were 'abandoned', but I don't know rabbit behavior that well.

I've run Mother cottontail off dozens of times, while watering and mowing, but she never strays far, and usually watches me from a distance. When I watch out the kitchen window, she always returns.

You've done the right thing, (especially since you had no choice) but I'm thinking these guys will not make it long in the wild. If you have the means to keep them, I would.

6. hangmans joke

hangmans joke

well i will watch them carefully so far so good. at the park ranger mike told me the lady that dropped them off found them while .i dunno if raked the nest out or what . just from what im told. seems they watched for momma rabbit to come back then overnight . and she didnt return .so they turned them in. i only keep wildlife that is physically disabled or unable to return to wild. the deserve a chance in their enviroment. im doing a soft release o nthem which means a little at a time. and luckily on our land we own over 100 acres and no hunting allowed so unless they fall vicitm to the obvous hawk or dogs i think they will have a chance at life. but if i feel for a moment they wont make it i will keep them . . i get attached to .lol my damn g/f already named them grr. winkin blikin and nod. in the pic nod is the runt, winkin has 2 white dots on head ,blinkin has one.

update. well today we lost nod the runt. i dunno what to say. im 37 year old man and it gets me every time . i end up crying. the other 2 fine. in the past week i just knew something was not quite right with him . he wasnt growing , he ate and drank well like the other 2 . i dunno. maybe he just wasnt to be. he will be missed thou . rip nod.

7. Walter45Auto

Walter45Auto

Thats no surprise. You love any critter that walks and has fur.:supergrin:

:freak:

:reindeer: :50cal:

8. MrsKitty

MrsKitty