Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

bummed over the weather/sniveling (sorry)

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by bdhawk, Apr 24, 2005.

1. bdhawk

i will have had my new bike for three weeks tomorrow. a suzuki 2005 S83 boulevard. i only have a bit under 400 miles on it. the weather has been awful. it wasn't all that bad yesterday, but since i had the 'sorta decent' weather i had to mow. my two acres was starting to look like cambodia, especially my shootin' range. [i found three japanese that didn't know the war was over.] the weather had been too bad to go outside to catch up on the mowing. it is either cold and windy or cool and very windy. i put in about 130 miles friday and the wind blew so hard i was a bit spooked about it. it is hard to enjoy your ride when you are in fear of being blown off the road. i want to ride to enyoy it, not to prove how tuff and brave i am. right now it is cold and raining.

what's the deal with the weather lately? victoria, texas got a foot of snow this past winter. houston got some snow, too. it is snowing now, up in the midwest. we got our first snow in october and we haven't had two decent days in a row all fall, winter and spring. the wintery weather just won't stay away. i keep hearing on the news about freak weather all over the planet.

i like doin' stuff outdoors and hate being cooped up inside all the dern time.
  2. norton

"Shot in the back, was they?".
    Here in Hoosierland we had fantastic weather last week for about 5 days in a row. Upper 60's, and 70's, no rain, sunny. Today its cold, windy and we had a light skiff of snow on the ground this morning. In Indiana we are used to changeable weather.
    Hang on, summer is coming.
    I remember when I bought my first bike, I rode it in 30 degree late March and early April weather. Froze to death, but had a blast.

3. Texas T

Texas T TX expatriate CLM

That's what you get for living up there in the panhandle. ;f

We had wind yesterday but we rode about 170 miles after not winning the $65,000 grand prize at the Honda of Houston grand opening.

Then today the wife and I put another 170 mile on the bike, leaving out at 9 am and getting back about 2 pm. It was chilly both days; the mesh with liner was just barely enough yesterday and since it was cooler this morning we wore the full textile and liners and I gave her the fleece lined gloves. By the time we were heading home I had already shed the liner and it was NICE weather!

Ride reports