GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Rainier is a Great Bullet. The Company is no longer in Business.
The last slowdown in 2015 hurt a few companies.
Never used them, but understand they were a quality bullet. Can't but help wonder if the growing popularity of coated bullets help to push them to close the doors.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I tried Rainer and they were one of my least favorite plated to use. The copper wash seemed super thin and if I didn't have a really aggressive belling on the case the copper would tear and bunch up on the edge of the case. It is why I quit using them.

I have found Frontier and Extreme to be much better to us.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Did not have this issue. The Rainier 44 200gr FP has a nice taper similar to a SWC and feeds nice in
44 lever action. We have been using Xtreme since their conception.

·
Premium Member
6,315 Posts
Haven’t been to the range since March. This is why....

50 ct box 9mm ball.....$60.00!!!

And THAT is a sale price!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Is this the cost of the ammo at your range or LGS?
Whoever is selling this a that price must not like their clients.
I would walk and let them know why.
Not sure were the gouge comes from,MFG, Dealer, final sale?
Do u reload?

·
Premium Member
6,315 Posts
Is this the cost of the ammo at your range or LGS?
Whoever is selling this a that price must not like their clients.
I would walk and let them know why.
Not sure were the gouge comes from,MFG, Dealer, final sale?
Do u reload?
I had been ordering through Cheaper than Dirt (.com) -that’s where I got that price. Same at DE Guns and other sources.

I WISH I had gotten into reloading earlier in life now.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
I had been ordering through Cheaper than Dirt (.com) -that’s where I got that price. Same at DE Guns and other sources.

CTD have been robbing people during shortages for years! You can find numerous threads on here where many people wouldn't buy anything from them.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

You actually buy 9mm rounds? Weird...

·
Registered
35,447 Posts

And this is why i reload.:drunk:

·
Florida's Left Coast
9,363 Posts

CTD have been robbing people during shortages for years! You can find numerous threads on here where many people wouldn't buy anything from them.
$30 to $35 is the new TTD (to the door) norm for 50 rounds of 9mm... MANY places if you get on an "in-stock" notification list.

Didn't know anyone bought from CTD anymore. They have been on my "list" for a decade or more.

·
Registered
35,447 Posts
Still to much! Wasn't this $17 at the end of 2019? I year to double the cost, sounds right(but wrong) when primers are now .07-.10 each or more.
Higher primer cost isnt driving ammo up. Ammo manuf dont buy from vendors we buy from, they either make their own or buy directly from the primer manuf.

·
Florida's Left Coast
9,363 Posts
Still waiting on 2000 projectiles I ordered in September from MBC to arrive.
Three months is about right from some bullet companies now. I count on it, and make sure that I am at least 3 months ahead of the curve for my stock.

·
Preferred Pronouns: (It, Ya'll, Bruh)
2,974 Posts
...got a couple different bullets to test en route. :)

Thank you for your order from Brazos Precision! We wanted to let you know that your order (#AB-xxxx) was shipped via USPS, USPS Priority Mail on 12/16/2020. You can track your package at any time using the link below.

·
Registered
14,660 Posts
I had never heard of Brazos. I have always used MBC or DGB.

But thanks. They had some 380 hitek coated 95g RN projectiles I had not been able to source any anywhere. Even with a 4 cent primer I’m going to have .380 loads for less than 11 cents each.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts