Bullets and compensation

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Pepe308, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Pepe308

Pepe308 Noypi

Hello,

Newbie at this forum, I heard that Glocks are good guns but are selective wiht regards to bullets. Any truth about this? Seen the Glock "C" models, seems cool, is it convenient for carry? I'm used to 1911 models I hope you pardon my curiousity. Any replies would be greatly appreciated with you guys, thanks in advance.

2. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

hello pepe, glocks shoot fine with factory ammo. and the stock barrel tends to lead easily. and yes they are nice for carry specially the g26, small size and lots of ammo. for carry, the C models are not advisable. you might blow off your eyebrows;f

3. toxic

toxic

i agree compensated/ported models are range friendly but not defense friendly specially in low lights or at nights ..youll get blinded by the blast, making it difficult for you for a follow up shot.

4. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Can't add anymore to what they've already said. I'm here just to say welcome to the BOG. :)

5. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

Welcome to BOG kaibigang pepe308. Magkababata kami nyan.:) He's a very good friend of mine

6. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Welcome Pepe308! Does the 308 stand for the rifle caliber?

7. vega

vega

Welcome to the forum!;c
    You're right, the C model "ONLY" seems cool. Get the non-ported one.
    IMO.

vega

8. Pepe308

Pepe308 Noypi

Thanks guys for the warm welcome! Like Darwin said, we're like childhood friends, he invited me here. Kerwin also invited us Filipinos from a 1911 forum (I started with a 1911). Thanks too for the replies, just starting to know the celebrated Glock pistols.

To Alexii: Nope,it doesn't stand for the rifle caliber, just find the 3 & 8 divine numbers then separate it with a 0, and there it is, stuck with me ever since and used it as a username in other forums as well. I like the idea though, its M14's/M21's caliber, never occured to me before, I'm more of a handgunner than a rifleman.

9. Vault Keeper

Vault Keeper

Hi and welcome Pepe308 sir! Whats your handle name in the forum of 1911? Is it the one of Commandante (John C.)?

You'll learn a lot from the gentlemen of this group! Mga sinasambang pitoleros yang mga yan...!;W

Champion shooters...;D
    Champion Lovers...:ladiesmn:

10. Pepe308

Pepe308 Noypi

To Vault keeper: Thanks alot! Yup,same handle name, I usually visit the Philippine made 1911 thread until it was closed due to non-Philippine made 1911 topics. That's the thread where Kerwin invited us Filipinos, then I met Darwin recently and now I'm here... . ;c

11. vega

vega

Are you refering to 1911Forum? Charles Daly is still there.

vega

12. Vault Keeper

Vault Keeper

Yes sir, 1911 forum of John C. (El Commandante himself...)

13. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

The compensated glocks are LOUD!;P For defense, the worst situation you could be in firing that thing would be inside any confined spaces like your car. You also need to be aware where those ports are pointing.

As for it's benefits, personally, it offers none compared to the regular models. Unless you consider "flameball cool factor" when firing hot loads through it a benefit.

IMO, you should stick to the regular barelled ones and learn to shoot it. ;)

14. Pepe308

Pepe308 Noypi

I see there are more disadvantages in the "C" models. I just wonder why they made such models? For the macho effect?

15. Pepe308

Pepe308 Noypi

forum.m1911.org to be exact. Yes, they have a separate category for Philippine made 1911s which includes Armscor,ROck Island, and SAM.