Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK ... I'm not a brand new shooter or competitor but am still not well versed on bullet weights and such.

I generally train with 115gr re-loads. I don't roll my own but get it from a buddy. I haven't had any issues with this ammo in many thousands of rounds until he recently rec'd some suspect primers. He and I have both had some fail to fire, most recently in yesterday's IDPA match.

This got me to thinking I might as well buy some factory ammo to shoot in matches (notably the upcoming Griffin match and another IDPA classifier).

As I was looking online for the best prices/choices I ran across some Ranger 147gr FMJ that wasn't much more than the cheapest 115gr I could find.

Thoughts? Specifically, what will be the difference in recoil characteristics? What other pro/con to switching from 115gr ammo?

Thanks in advance.
VolGrad

·
20,411 Posts
For factory ammo, Winchester USA 115-gr is fine. Many masters use it. Factory Winchester 147's will have more recoil.

·
20,411 Posts
Now if you want to try some really nice factory new or factory reloads, the Atlanta Arms 147-gr "Glock" recipe is very soft shooting. They are in Social Circle, GA.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Now if you want to try some really nice factory new or factory reloads, the Atlanta Arms 147-gr "Glock" recipe is very soft shooting. They are in Social Circle, GA.
I saw your thread on that when someone else mentioned that ammo to me. Do you know the going rate of that right now? I think you listed prices before but am sure it has changed.

EDIT: After posting this I sent an e-mail to AA asking about pricing. I was told they won't sell direct unless I am a LEO. They referred me to a local shop in town that stocks their ammo. I suspect the price won't be in the range I would like to pay but will check when they open today.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thoughts on this ...

9mm Dynamit Nobel (Geco) 124gr. FMJ Ammo [GECO9mm]
This ammo is manufactured in Switzerland, it is brass cased and boxer primed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts