close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bullet feeder

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by g-35garlic, Feb 21, 2010.

1. g-35garlic

g-35garlic

Does anyone have any experience with the Mr Bullet feeder on a 550 Dillon? I am kicking around the idea of getting one to load my lead .40's with. Any input is appreciated.

2. Hydraulicman

Hydraulicman

you might have to crimp and seat in one statinog. i think a case feeder would be a better option if you want to increase production .

3. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker Jacks #1 Fan

Everyone so far that I have talked to who has gone the route the OP is deliberateing says not to. Those that had gone with the KISS on the 550regretted it and said they had wished they had upgraded to the XLDillon 650 with casefeeder and did the RCBS bullet feeder.

Go to http://ultimatereloader.com/ and check out his videos, he has both a XL650 and a Horandy LNL set-up with one.

I would have to agree, what's the point of either a case or bullet feeder on a 4 station press that isn't auto indexing? I say upgrade of you want to go that route.

4. BHP9

BHP9

I have a KISS, the forerunner to Mr Bulletfeeder, on my 1050 and it's great.

It's NOT recommended that you use lead bullets in the feeder as the lube gums everything up. RCBS say the same thing too. However, all is not lost. You can sprray the collator, bulletdrop and feed spring with silicone spray and load lead. I see the downside to this as being the feeder will need to be taken apart every 300-500 bullets for cleaning.

5. jmorris

jmorris

I use one on my 1050 for rifle but I prefer the GSI for pistol as you get to keep your powder check die. FWIW the KISS/mrbullet collator is a no go with lead. MA Systems has a collator that works with lead, it's the design I copied when I built mine.

6. BHP9

BHP9

The recommendation for using silicone spray on the KISS/MrBulletfeeder came from Rik at MrBulletfeeder.

7. RickRak2000

RickRak2000

8. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

I don't even like a casefeeder on my 550. Bullet feeder seems just as wrong. I would get a 650 first with a casefeeder.