close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bullet Bib??

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Bilbo Bagins, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

I have been noticing a sponsor ad here on GT and out of curiousity I clicked it and did some reading on the product.

For $219 you get basically a Molle apron with a IIIA rated fiberglass plate in it. You also get a choice of handgun, shotgun, or rifle accessories, or you can go plain and save $20.

I think its a decent concept, something you can grab and go quick, and great for civilians investigating a bump in the night.

I have two problems with it. First the corny logo is in bright white is in front of the vest. It sends a clear signal to an intruder to aim for your head.

Second would be the price point. I think if it sold for under $200 it would sell like hotcakes. $219 is a OK price for a civilian who does not know better, but I can get a Police turn-in BPV for the same price (and my back would be covered) or I can get a cheap molle plate carrier with a single rifle plate for $300.

If they sold a plain version, covered with full rows of molle straps, for $150 to $160 I would probably buy one for everyone in the family in case the SHTF.

So does anyone own one, what is your thoughts?

http://www.bulletbib.com/

2. UrbanCowboy

UrbanCowboy Koch Addict

I can't believe i'm saying this but it's actually kind of a cool idea. A used BPV is maybe ok but it depends on the age of it and how sweaty the person wearing it would get. As far as the logo is concerned, it's notsomething a black sharpie cant fix. I also like that it's ready to just grab and go. You don't have to worrry about putting on a vest, grabbing your holster and spare mags and a flashlight. It just seems like a much faster option. It's also nice that it can stop a knife which is something I thought not all vests are capable of doing (maybe i'm wrong on that one). I don't think $220 is too bad of a price for one.

3. Jisatsu

Jisatsu Maine Coon

You aren't wrong, there aren't too many bpv's that are actually knife proof.

4. TrooperBrian

TrooperBrian

Not a bad price, but I would be interested to see who actually ran their testing.

And this:

"When SECONDS count, the Police are only MINUTES away!! You can't carry a cop in your pocket
    can you???"

For crying out loud I wish people would stop saying that. Its been used so much that it doesnt even have meaning anymore.

5. bno762

bno762

I actually like this product too. And really.....$220 isn't too much to ask imo. Good idea.

6. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

Good point (no pun intended)

7. Jr.

Jr. CLM

I noticed the ad today and after reading up on it it seems alot better than the shoulder rig i have set up for a middle of the night bump. id be interested to hear from someone who has one.

8. mixflip

mixflip

I actually like this idea too. I wish I would have thought of it.

9. cybertek

cybertek

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  10. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

I think its a good idea. Its questionable how effective it would be, but if I was in a gun fight I would rather have that than nothing any day. :dunno:

11. GreyEclipse

GreyEclipse TheGreyEclipse

lol, the ad is pretty funny. hot chicks sell products quick.