Bull Shark

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by redskyzatknight, Jun 15, 2005.

1. redskyzatknight

redskyzatknight Glock S&W Kahr

Here's a pic of my brother and friend from way back with the 7', 200# Bull Shark my brother snagged not far from Ft. Lauderdale. We usually let all sharks go, may keep a 3'-5' Black Tip on occasion for food. This one got a 12 guage slug through the gills and will be hanging over a pool table before long. It only took 25 minutes to get this guy to the boat. He was caught on freshly caught King fish on a single "meat freezer" hook with 8 ft. of 85# wire leader. I'm not sure what # the line was but probobly 80#. They were going for shark after a ho hum morning and waited about 2 minutes until this guy came along. I was fishing for Tarpon around Boca inlet at the time and had a great day but no Poon. Caught a few Crevalle Jacks, a Barracuda and a few Snappers.

2. redskyzatknight

redskyzatknight Glock S&W Kahr

3. EZFLY80

EZFLY80

Caught a 9+ ft bull once in the bahamas. Best fight ive ever had. Ever since then ive been shark fishing, but never as good a fight as that one!

4. robwebbg22

robwebbg22 DeOppressoLiber

Me an 3 other friends went out an catching kings when Robert hooked into a shark. He was tortured about an hour an half an finally said the hell with it an let him loose because he felt the shark had more strength an stamina then him. Anyway it was fun watching him sweat an cuss so long.

5. EZFLY80

EZFLY80

Thats the best part, fighting a creature that is so much more powerful than you and defeating it. Ive dealt with sharks many times diving/surfing/fishing/etc and they are definitly powerful creatures not to be messed with so its nice to have the upper hand(and a nicely set hook in their mouths.)

6. liquidsniper

liquidsniper

Best fight I ever had was not with a shark, but a 4 foot wide ray. Those things can run like hell. They are not super fast but instead extremely strong for being such an odd looking fish. Catch 'em in the keys usually when they swim through the channels on bottom rigs baited with whole snapper. Took me 1 1/2 hrs to reel in the 4 footer.