close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Bulk ammo suggestions?

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by Budshooter, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Budshooter

Budshooter Rhythmic Demon

I've been looking for an on-line supplier for bulk ammo, since I put a few thousand down the pipe every year. Reloading's not an option right now, since we're moving soon, and trying to keep less stuff instead of getting more. I've tried all of the reloaders at the gun show, and QC has been sketchy, at best. Can anyone here suggest on-line suppliers that they've had good luck dealing with? Thanks for any info.

2. dewingrm

dewingrm

I would suggest Georgia Arms. I've heard nothing but good about them and their prices are very competitive.
    Check them out at www.georgia-arms.com

3. njl

njl

Blazer from Natchezss.com. Why buy reloads when you can get factory new for the same $ or less?

4. Minuteman

Minuteman Jeff Gannon???

For bulk ammo , I always start with www.ammoman.com www.natchezss.com and www.georgia-arms.com in that order.
    Others always point out www.sportsmansguide.com and www.cheaperthandirt.com but they never have what I want. Cheaper's stuff is mostly junk, but they have some good deals. Sportsmans's is famous for thier stupid discount coupons, memberships #'s, having to check for price on a special page, then jumping threw a few other hoops and basicly it is a diffrent price for everybody. I find it anoying.
    Start with ammoman and natchez. Georia is great for match and reloaded ammo.

5. Zak3056

Zak3056 NRA Life Member

If you're shooting 9mm or .40S&W, Walmart is probably the way to go. Currently, 1000 rounds of 9mm will run you under a hundred bucks, and 1000 rounds of .40 will run you under $150. Your advantage here is multiplied by the fact that you only need to buy 100 rounds at a time.

That said, I second ammoman. Not only in the price right, but the place is staffed by decent people, who actually understand the phrase "customer service." If you can afford the extra couple of bucks, send them your business.

6. njl

njl

They having some kind of special sale in your neighborhood? Around here, Walmart has the Winchester value packs (100 rounds) for about $11 for 9mm. Multiple by 10 for 1000 rounds, and it's more than $100.

Last time I compared numbers, 9mm value packs from Walmart were about the same cost as Blazer by the case from Natchez when you add tax to Walmart prices, shipping to Natchez pricing. In .40 and .45, I think Natchez prices on Blazer beat the new .40 and .45 value packs at Walmart.

7. Zak3056

Zak3056 NRA Life Member

Locally, 9mm valuepacks are $9.96.

As for Natchez, I won't recomend them to anyone--I'm rather miffed at the fact that they won't do business with Tennessee residents. ;f