Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had started out looking at the Wilson Combat EDC X9 pistols. However someone in that thread posted a recommendation about a different pistol and I think I want one. It is the Bul Armory SAS II Ultra Light pistol.

Does anyone have any experience with these pistols?

·
Registered
8,093 Posts
Cool, didn't know BUL was still making guns, if it's the same I'm thinking of from years ago (didn't they have a model with Kimber once?). Pricy mags, and if compared to a EDC X9 will have a fatter grip, harder to conceal and might not fit small hands and can also give issues with the grip safety one handed, at least in my experience with double stack 1911s.

I look forward to seeing some actual users' reviews though, looks interesting.

Also look at the new STI Staccato C2

https://staccato2011.com/2020-product-lineup/staccato-c2-duo/

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
You might try to contact a guy named Talon Sei that did a more resent review of the ultra lite . Remember this is a brand new to the USA market and may still be a wait to get handgun but maybe this guy can help shed some light on it . You might also find slightly more info over at that certain handgun design forums I get scolded for if mentioning here .

The Standard has a longer history in the states but still limited . I wish I could have bought one of a shooting buddys pistols but he passed very unexpectedly and his daughter got most everything .

Some guys my know the BUL M5 double stack or the Kimber branded version going back to the early 2000's they sold for about a decade and Springfield also sold a double stack version some years back .

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
BUL (Israel) used to cater to USPSA competition market, with offerings that rivals STI's back in the late 90's to early 2000's. Then they faded away.
Kimber, back then, has some models that were made by BUL.

I am glad they are back.

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You might try to contact a guy named Talon Sei that did a more resent review of the ultra lite . Remember this is a brand new to the USA market and may still be a wait to get handgun but maybe this guy can help shed some light on it . You might also find slightly more info over at that certain handgun design forums I get scolded for if mentioning here .
Yes I watched that video as well as the video review of the Bul Armory SAS Viper II that he did previous to that. His YouTube channel is called Sunday Gunday and I watch many of his reviews. On the video review he did of the SAS II Ultra Light, I did post a comment asking how to buy that pistol, but the guy has like half a million subscribers or more, and is not likely to be able to respond to every comment. Or even see the comments for that matter.

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There's a lot of Bul guns on the big auction site.
I didn't see any except for two sold by the same seller. Seller is new to the site with only 34 reviews (sales). The two are different, one if the basic and the other is a high end customized model. But if you read down in the description you'll see that he doesn't actually have the pistols in stock. He takes the orders and then orders the pistol for you. I don't want to do that with a seller off of GB that I don't know, and will have to wait a few months to get the firearm. Makes me not trust the seller.

·
Registered
8,093 Posts
Any thoughts on looking at the STI Staccato C2?

Might be easier to find

Edit: hmmm, guess those are going for a higher price than had thought, the BUL is much more affordable

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Might be easier to find

Edit: hmmm, guess those are going for a higher price than had thought, the BUL is much more affordable
I hadn't thought about it until you posted this, but afterwards I looked it up and don't really like the low magazine capacity compared to the Bul Armory SAS II Ultra Light. As you mentioned the price is higher as well.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
I had started out looking at the Wilson Combat EDC X9 pistols. However someone in that thread posted a recommendation about a different pistol and I think I want one. It is the Bul Armory SAS II Ultra Light pistol.

Does anyone have any experience with these pistols?
Saw a few YT videos on it.
I contacted BUL directly they said they could ship to my FFL.
Unfortunately they were asking full MSPR.
Good luck if you find one.

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LS357,

Yes I have watched this video twice now, along with the one by Sunday Gunday (Talon Sei) another couple of times. There is another one out by another You Tuber who just shows some good close ups of the gun and gives a holster recommendation. I will probably watch all of them again before too long.

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Saw a few YT videos on it.
I contacted BUL directly they said they could ship to my FFL.
Unfortunately they were asking full MSPR.
Good luck if you find one.
Yes I sent an email directly to Bul Armory also. I sent it on Friday and didn't expect an answer until Monday at the earliest. But they already answered me while I was out shooting trap today. They told me the same thing, that they could take my order and ship the pistol directly to the FFL of my choice. However they did say that there is a delay in shipping these pistols, between 30 and 90 days. I didn't even get a price on them but I'll probably call Monday. They gave me a phone number. I pretty much expect to pay full price during the panic buying that is gripping our country right now anyway. I am going to get the concealed carry package. So that is going to add a couple hundred dollars to it.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Yes I sent an email directly to Bul Armory also. I sent it on Friday and didn't expect an answer until Monday at the earliest. But they already answered me while I was out shooting trap today. They told me the same thing, that they could take my order and ship the pistol directly to the FFL of my choice. However they did say that there is a delay in shipping these pistols, between 30 and 90 days. I didn't even get a price on them but I'll probably call Monday. They gave me a phone number. I pretty much expect to pay full price during the panic buying that is gripping our country right now anyway. I am going to get the concealed carry package. So that is going to add a couple hundred dollars to it.

If you could be so kind as to keep us posted.....and ofcourse lots of pictures and a range review :)

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
A little expensive for kind of a new model but I would do it. I am thinking about getting the one James Reeves reviewed. I am looking at three types, the Zev OZ9, the MR920 or the Bul Armory.

Reactions: grecco

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A little expensive for kind of a new model but I would do it. I am thinking about getting the one James Reeves reviewed. I am looking at three types, the Zev OZ9, the MR920 or the Bul Armory.
I watched the video that James Reeves put out and like that pistol also. It is the basic model. I'm thinking about the one that Talon Sei of Sunday Gunday had. It is the same model but called a CCW package because it has a shorter beaver tail and a bobbed hammer. As far as I can remember from the videos that is the only difference.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
I really want a Bul Commander.

·
Registered
126,360 Posts

Might be easier to find

STI is average stuff with above average pricing, in my opinion. Their guns don’t impress me. Never have.

Now, SVI? That’s nice stuff.

STI is like the Budweiser of race guns, as far as I’m concerned.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts