Glock Talk banner

Built Glock Tough

1186 Views 11 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  druryj
Behind the scenes at Glock’s new Smyrna, Ga., plant to see how one of the world’s most dependable handgun manufacturers gets it done.

Built Glock Tough
By: Jim Schlender | May 12, 2015

Glock, a company known for closely guarding its operations in secrecy, for the first time opened its Smyrna, Ga., facility to select media for a factory tour. It was a whirlwind experience providing a rare view of Glock and Gun Digest was there. Glock Photos

http://www.gundigest.com/guns/handgun-reviews-articles/built-glock-tough?et_mid=752534&rid=245724325

Very interesting look at something rarely seen from the outside. SJ 40
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
59,814 Posts
Sounds like a once in a lifetime opportunity to view the manufacturing process. I am a bit envious.

· Registered
244 Posts
“In the operational side of the house, there are two major reasons why Glock is so successful,” Dorsey said. “One is the simplistic design with 34 parts. That’s versus the 200-some parts in a 1911. The more parts you have the more parts can go wrong.

:headscratch:

my 1911 is missing some pieces :dunno:

· Registered
255 Posts
“In the operational side of the house, there are two major reasons why Glock is so successful,” Dorsey said. “One is the simplistic design with 34 parts. That’s versus the 200-some parts in a 1911. The more parts you have the more parts can go wrong.

:headscratch:

my 1911 is missing some pieces :dunno:
I wondered about that too. I have no idea how many parts are in my 1911 but it is definitely more complex than my Glock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.