Built a pellet range in the apartment

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by daaaveman, Feb 21, 2010.

1. daaaveman

daaaveman

I bought a Beeman pellet trap for the apartment. Man it's fun! I broke out my old Crosman 1322, .22 caliber pellet pistol and measured off 25 feet.

I've had the old Crosman since I was a kid. It was always fairly accurate but not great. Had a terrible trigger, probably 10 lbs. However, I did a trigger job on it a few days ago. I polished the trigger and sear and took a link off the spring. Feels like about 3-4 pounds with a clean break now.

Here's a 5 shot group from this morning.

Go get a pellet trap. It's lots of fun.

[​IMG]

2. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

Very cool. I had a Crossman just like that which broke. A buddy of mine converted it into a .22 lr single shot straight pull bolt action. Works good too!

3. bac1023

bac1023

4. gnepig

gnepig Remember

Thats good shootin, I have one of those Crossman pump pistols also, we have fun with it often.
    For in the house target practice with the BB guns we have a styrofoam head we shoot at from the other end of the house. It's cool, cause the wall is paneling and if you miss the head the BB comes back at you...
    I built our BB gun/ pellet gun range out in the garage, with a distance of 33 feet. As you can see we shoot out there alot:

[​IMG]

I did a little comparision with 3 different types of BBs and two different types guns, posted the outcome here: http://www.firearmspriceguide.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=103

The wife and I had fun...

5. CharlestonG26

CharlestonG26

I've used a pellet trap for quite a few years. In addition to my personal enjoyment...I've found that it is an effective means of introducing non-gun guests to shooting.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  6. gnepig

gnepig Remember

Ok, I can't find one of these anywhere. Where can I get one and can someone show a picture (maybe I can build one)?

7. Brucev

Brucev

Hum... makes me think of someone I once knew... young man with a powerful yearning to go shooting. He lived in a little place called New Orleans... downtown in what was commonly called a "shotgun double." A shotgun house was the turn of the 19th century equivalent of a house trailer... open the front door and you could look through all the rooms out the back door... no hallway just walk from one room to the next. It was a "shotgun double" because two of these houses were build with one roof and a common center wall. That young man had no access to land and no money for club membership. But oh boy did he want to shoot his beloved rifles! One day while working in the shipyard, he just happened to find a nice piece of heavy steel scrap metal. With permission he took that and a few other pieces back to the house. The next morning he built himself a little "bullet trap." By lunch he had set up a little 50 ft. "rifle range." The bullet trap sat on the table in the kitchen. in the back of the house. With every door open to every room, he could sit in the living room by the front door and shoot a .22 LR rifle through the house into his jury rigged bullet trap. Yes this young man had a real yearning to go shooting! It was a very good thing the next door neighbor, who also just happened to be the landlord, was almost stone deaf.

8. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker Jacks #1 Fan