close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Building my new Unlimited gun

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Bruce Warren, Sep 1, 2002.

1. Bruce Warren

Bruce Warren Millennium Member

Well, I finally got caught up on my work and took a little time out for myself. I've started building my unlimited gun and thought I give you some photos of it. I made the comp from a chunk of aluminum from the shop and whittled out something out of the ordinary.
    It weighs 863 grains (weighed on my electronic powder scale)and it must work. The gun is short cycling now. If I remove the comp it runs fine, put the comp on and it doesn't quite eject the shells. A Wolff light spring kit is on the way to correct that problem.
    As soon as I get my new Carver mount I should be ready for Lexington. I have attached a couple of photos of the gun but I plan on having it polished up and looking nice so even if I shoot badly, I'll still have something nice to look at.

2. Bruce Warren

Here is a top view of it.

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Very nice! You might as well pop those sights off in preparation for your Carver mount. I have both the Weaver style and the C-More style. A Wolff 12# spring or ISMI 13# spring will be a must for that big comp. See you at Lexington.:cool:

4. mike from philly

mike from philly

The grip looks different, like a subcompact (26, 27). Did you modify it also? What model was this? Also, don't forget your Agrip.

5. Bruce Warren

The gun is a mdl. 35 with a 9mm BarSto barrel. The grip is stock but I do have a Hogue Handall on it. I think I need one on my 17. When I shot at Topton a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't keep the gun pointed straight ahead. It kept turning in my hand because of the heat. This feels much better and I like it.

6. DannyR

Bruce,

You might wish to give the sandpaper finish Decal Grip a try. I like it and have in on all my GSSF pistols.

7. johnhurd

johnhurd Millennium Member

You can just knock em down with the comp!:cool:

8. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Hi Bruce,

Very COOL looking unit! Do you have to jack up the power factor on your loads to make the comp work? I previously tried compensating my Glock 35 but ended up that I had to jack up the load to make the comp efficient.

I just got a C-More mount from Mr. Carver and it is LOW, LOW, LOW!!! What Red Dot will you be using?

Regards,
    Frank

9. DannyR

I installed my Carver/C-More mount yesterday and already like it more that my Carver/Weaver mount. I switched the diode to the 6MOA dot size and will give it a try in just a few hours.

10. Bruce Warren

Hi Danny and Frank:
    Danny= I already have the grip tape on my 17 and it feels better but I still had problems with it so I thought I'd try the Handall.
    Frank= I shoot factory ammo in 9mm because I don't load for it. I'm going to change recoil springs and if it still has problems I might lighten the slide more. I'm planning on using a Tasco PDP-5 with the variable dot sizes. I have PDP-4's and 5's on all my other open class guns and I like them and I''m used to them. C-More's are nice but I have trouble finding the dot fast.;g What's that they say about old dogs and new tricks? I'm getting ready to leave for Tulsa on Wednesday to shoot steel. I wish you guys good luck at your next match. Frank= will you be going to Lexington? If so I'll see you there. Danny= I'll see you there for sure. Looking forward to meeting you.;b

11. MFinch

MFinch Guest

I'm sitting on sidelines watching, reading messages and waiting on the delivery guy to bring my Carver/Weaver mount. My setup will be my 35 with a 10 moa holosight, Haart's mercury reducer, brass magwell, brass base pads, super grip tape and a slick trigger.

Good luck Bruce!

12. MFinch

MFinch Guest

The mount came in today's mail, is as good as expected and looks good in red. I'll put in on in the next day or so and test it out this weekend. Loading lots of 9mm's for practice and have aiming fluid chilling. If my Florida friends were here I'd share a few.

13. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Alrighty Mr. Finch!!! Way to go with the RED Selection!!! My two Carver mounts are Brilliant RED as well!

They don't call it Blazin' Red for no reason!;f

14. MFinch

MFinch Guest

Mine was originally designed to be the Texas Tech Red/Black commemorative model G34 unlimited. However, after the recent Ohio State meeting, a little redemption is required.

15. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Mike;
    You just cannot underestimate those BUCKEYES :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: